• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

So I made two pounds of liverwurst today and grilled up some heart, kidneys, spleen and testis.
8e88294da15004d41aea49a1bd8dab8f.jpg
Heart and liver I eat all the time from the animals I raise and hunt. Good as usual.
The spleen was my first time. It didn’t have a whole lot of flavor so it was no big deal.
Testis or as we call them calf fries were great. We normally harvest and eat calf fries come round up but since we’ve quit cowboying we don’t get them much anymore.
The kidneys were a new experience and I’m kicking myself for always giving them to the dogs in the past. The kidney’s were very good. Gonna have to try venison kidney off the next deer I kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

So I made two pounds of liverwurst today and grilled up some heart, kidneys, spleen and testis.
8e88294da15004d41aea49a1bd8dab8f.jpg
Heart and liver I eat all the time from the animals I raise and hunt. Good as usual.
The spleen was my first time. It didn’t have a whole lot of flavor so it was no big deal.
Testis or as we call them calf fries were great. We normally harvest and eat calf fries come round up but since we’ve quit cowboying we don’t get them much anymore.
The kidneys were a new experience and I’m kicking myself for always giving them to the dogs in the past. The kidney’s were very good. Gonna have to try venison kidney off the next deer I kill.

Sounds and looks tasty. 

Chuck roast bits browned in butter. Hard boiled eggs, breakfast sausage patties.

Dinner: burger patties with butter. Bacon. Hard boiled egg. Pickles, I must admit that I was remiss in checking the label before putting the vlasic dill ovals in my cart. They happen to have HFCS in them.😣

While I'm not Geezy, I feel qualified to answer this.
Yes, it's pork rinds and eggs. 
I still haven't made the paffle yet, but have made pancakes of sorts the same way. 

Thank you for your reply, ol_hilly!

What is in the paffle, Geezy? Is it pork rinds?

Chaffles

• 1 large egg
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 Tbsp of melted butter
• 1/8 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar

Directions
1. Preheat a waffle maker.
2. Whisk egg in a small bowl; stir in mozzarella cheese until batter is well combined. 

3. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the preheated waffle maker, spreading it out from the center with a spoon. Close the waffle maker and cook until steaming stops and chaffle is well browned, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.

*Note*

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar + 1/4 teaspoon baking soda = 1 teaspoon baking powder

Paffles

• 1 large egg
• 1 heaping Tbsp of panko pork rinds
•. 1 Tbsp of melted butter
• 1/8 tsp baking soda

Directions
2. Whisk egg in a small bowl; stir in the pork rind panko until batter is well combined. 

3. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the preheated waffle maker, spreading it out from the center with a spoon. Close the waffle maker and cook until steaming stops and chaffle is well browned, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.

*Note*

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar + 1/4 teaspoon baking soda = 1 teaspoon baking powder

These are the recipes for both chaffles and paffles.

I started use the Paffle version when I cut out dairy from my diet.

If using the chaffle recipe I would suggest that you find whole milk cheeses and stay away from them at low-fat or skim milk junk.
You can also use different cheeses if you choose. Cheddar makes a good chaffle also.

Chaffles

• 1 large egg
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 Tbsp of melted butter
• 1/8 tsp baking soda

Directions
2. Whisk egg in a small bowl; stir in mozzarella cheese until batter is well combined. 

*Note*

Paffles

• 1 large egg
• 1 heaping Tbsp of panko pork rinds
•. 1 Tbsp of melted butter
• 1/8 tsp baking soda

Directions
2. Whisk egg in a small bowl; stir in the pork rind panko until batter is well combined. 

*Note*

These are the recipes for both chaffles and paffles.

I started use the Paffle version when I cut out dairy from my diet.

If using the chaffle recipe I would suggest that you find whole milk cheeses and stay away from them at low-fat or skim milk junk.
You can also use different cheeses if you choose. Cheddar makes a good chaffle also.

Thank you so much Geezy! That was a lot of work typing all that out! I appreciate it!

Thank you so much Geezy! That was a lot of work typing all that out! I appreciate it!

I’ll tell you a secret.
When I create a recipe or take one from someone else I put it in my notes on my phone. Then all I have to do is just copy and paste.

I’ll tell you a secret.
When I create a recipe or take one from someone else I put it in my notes on my phone. Then all I have to do is just copy and paste.

Well, you are a genius, Geezy! Thanks for sharing your wisdom secrets!

My email feed indicates this is the most popular thread on the forum.

Ground hamburger (nothing added just some water to deglaze the pan)

A picture is worth a thousand words when it comes to food. Unfortunately I don't have one.

While I am tired of greasy meat I still find simple ground hamburger tasty and have it more than anything except the many ways to enjoy eggs. My favorite fried egg includes ground hamburger.

On 6/4/2024 at 5:05 PM, Bob said:

It's Open Mic Night. Here's my dinner, along with my monthly bourbon...

20240604_195850.jpg

I have not focused on an alcoholic beverage while on carnivore. Looking at this my first thought is how large the amount is. My second thought is how effective that would be as a counter to my being very tired of greasy meat. I gather this once a month does not disrupt the carnivore hum?