• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

10 hours ago, Nowler said:

400g of king prawns and salted garlic butter.

I have a bag of shrimp in the freezer. I just might get those out for tonight.

This morning was eggs and sausage (my staple). For lunch I went to Duma's Meats and got some beef jerky....

https://www.dumameats.com/

I picked up pizza for the boys and ate a cold tough blade steaks with too hard boiled eggs. BLECH !

I was tempted to dissect a slice of the meat lovers but then I reminded myself of the fact that some pizza places squirt oil on the pizza so I passed on that and while they had their ice cream I had some whipped cream with some vanilla extract in it.

10 hours ago, Bob said:

I have a bag of shrimp in the freezer. I just might get those out for tonight.

This morning was eggs and sausage (my staple). For lunch I went to Duma's Meats and got some beef jerky....

https://www.dumameats.com/

I had a partial bag of salad shrimp earlier this week. After thawing and straining I heated them up in some melted butter and placed them on a paffle. It was so rich I could only eat half. So I chilled the rest and it was still good as a cold h'ordourve.

11 hours ago, Miranda said:

I was tempted to dissect a slice of the meat lovers but then I reminded myself of the fact that some pizza places squirt oil on the pizza so I passed on that

I worked at Papa John's Pizza, Marco's Pizza, and East of Chicago Pizza as well as a local place called Guido's Pizza back in the 90's and none of them ever used oils on their pizza.

Now, with that said, shredded cheese has some fillers/anti-caking agents in it, but it's pretty benign. My son picks the cheese off his pizza and I in turn gobble it up, lol. I'll occasionally get a "pizza bowl" if the wife is buying pizza for everyone else that night (complete with the tomato sauce).

I personally do not fund pizza purchase, lol 😄

8 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

I had a pound of ground lamb for the first time tonight. 

We had sheep when I was a kid, for the wool. But never ate any. 

I've become very fond of lamb. I'll get ground lamb, lamb chops, and the lamb ribs. Sam's sells a 5lb leg of lamb that I haven't got yet, but should. I just think I need a bigger knife first, lol.

5 hours ago, louis said:

I ate some beef fat this morning and a raw beef sirloin and rib eye to end my day. Yummy! 

Hey buddy!
Why do you eat your meat raw?

I can't imagine that it tastes even close to when cooked.
As far as I know there's plenty of nutrients in cooked me (as long as not overcooked).

I'm curious now and tempted to try it 😁

23 hours ago, Nowler said:

Hey buddy!
Why do you eat your meat raw?

I can't imagine that it tastes even close to when cooked.
As far as I know there's plenty of nutrients in cooked me (as long as not overcooked).

I'm curious now and tempted to try it 😁

Hi Nowler. I am loving the raw beef! If you try it, let me know if you like it! 

Today I had a few raw beef steaks. 

Yesterday bacon and eggs from the tallow I made last week. For dinner we cooked New Tork strips (they were on sale at Sam's a week or so ago). They turned out nice. 

I was on the Mountain Dew for a week, and during that first week I had two small tabs of ice cream. Since that point I have toed the carnivore line and not broken away from just 'carnivore approved' animal meats, with eggs and butter. 

Last night was my first cheat. I added a 1/2 teaspoon of Heinz 57 on my plate. It was so funny. I think I did it out of a life-long habit as we were talking as we made our plates. I don't think I actually looked down and said, "I bet that would be good on this strip". Just habit. 

I decided not to waste it so I indulged. I am hoping a 1/2 teaspoon of Heinz does not become my gate way drug. LOL

I normally walk from our house up the dirt road and over to the next road which is 1.3 miles so 2.6 when I get back home. This morning I tacked on the other.2 miles to get a total of three miles. 

I'm not sure if that counts as 'forgiveness' or not, but it was the best offering I had up to the carnivore gods in the sky. 

Scott

This morning I had corned beef that comes in a can. It's delicious. 

Many people have had "Hash" which is canned corned beef mixed with diced potatoes. But you can get it with just the corned beef by itself. 

I'm the only one that eats it, so I ate it all. It was plenty and didn't need an egg or anything to go with it.

Dinner was ground beef while everyone that was over for our little pool party had pizza.

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

Many people have had "Hash" which is canned corned beef mixed with diced potatoes. But you can get it with just the corned beef by itself. 

I'm the only one that eats it, so I ate it all. It was plenty and didn't need an egg or anything to go with it.

We have that in the little store I part time at. Product of Austrailia, this is.  Sure is good tho in the skillet with a few eggs. 

I'm having a pound of ground beef as well. 

Dinner was ground beef while everyone that was over for our little pool party had pizza.

Love me some corned beef but I’ve never had it from a can. I’m thinking I need to cook one up now.

Spent all morning mowing on my father in law’s place then all afternoon cooking.
Got a half gallon of yogurt started. That’ll be done tomorrow.
Then I started smoking 12 pounds of bacon and a couple of baby back ribs.
dcd1d46202581eb296dc223d02c1f494.jpg

The bacon is being chilled for slicing tomorrow and the ribs were fantastic.
9a4302113c3eb49e11e9807643a29a88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk