• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Post a picture... Any picture

Looks like a bunch of wild boars taking advantage of a deer feeder.

They are and they are fixin to pay the price for stealing the deer’s corn. I’ll be guiding a father and daughter hunt next week for those hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any animals I raise would be named DINNER. 
It's unbiased unified identifies as....politically correct.    

We used to do that and still do to some extent but lately my wife has been on a kick of naming them after movie characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Miranda said:

I met a vegan on Monday at my son's music class. I don't know her name or any other info about her, but her veganism was the topic of her rant. 

I can be just as passionate about my carnivore diet, lol. BUT, I try not to be the militant dogmatic type. I like to think of myself as the Reasonable Carnivore, lol 😄

5 hours ago, Bob said:

I can be just as passionate about my carnivore diet, lol. BUT, I try not to be the militant dogmatic type. I like to think of myself as the Reasonable Carnivore, lol 😄

TBH I tried to relate with her as best I could without revealing my own food preferences. I wasn't there for a debate. I just think it's funny how it's a cliche about vegans and she fit it perfectly. The cliche being: how can you tell if someone is a vegan--dont worry they will tell you!

She was complaining that someone was trying to feed her meat and questioning her about her refusing. I had sympathy for her as I understand how annoying that can be when people won't keep their eyes on their own plate.

On 9/26/2024 at 3:26 PM, Scottk said:

What are your thoughts on coffee and vitamins may I ask.

Hi Scott!

You'll find that most carnivores, even the strict ones, will still consume coffee, even though it comes from a plant - and the seeds at that (the most heavily defended part of most plants).

It's pretty benign and innocent for most people. Unfortunately, I'm not like most people. I used to love coffee, but then I learned that the toxins in coffee were (part of) what was triggering my ulcerative colitis. When I quit coffee, I started to heal and got off my prescription meds. 

But most others can drink it without issues, so if that's you, then enjoy! Have one for me. 

Regarding vitamins, you'll be getting just about everything you need from your food when you follow a carnivore or carnivore-centric diet, so there isn't much need for supplementation with a multivitamin. If you need something specific, it's usually vitamin D if you don't get enough sun, and maybe some electrolytes if you're not getting enough through food (because we don't get it in our filtered water these days). Some take a tiny bit of iodine.