• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Redmond's Real Salt - What's your favorite grain size?

Favorite Salt Grain Size  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What size grain do you prefer to have for your Redmond's Real Salt (or Celtic Sea Salt, or Pink Himalayan Salt)??

• Powder (smallest)
    • Fine (typical table salt)
    • Kosher (larger, good for meat rubs)
    • Coarse (for use with a grinder)

I’m using fine just because I haven’t tried any of the others.
I have found that for steaks I really like Maldon’s flaked sea salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

I’m using fine just because I haven’t tried any of the others.

Redmond's says that "Fine" is their most popular product. It most closely resembles the table salt that we are all used to. I'm just used to my pink himalayan salt that is coarse and I grind myself, but I am almost out so I am consider the switch to Redmond's.

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

I have found that for steaks I really like Maldon’s flaked sea salt.

Shawn Baker uses something that comes in a pouch and he sprinkles it around with his own fingers that looks kinda flaky too. I'll have to look that one up.

Shawn Baker uses something that comes in a pouch and he sprinkles it around with his own fingers that looks kinda flaky too. I'll have to look that one up.

Yes that’s what he uses in fact he’s the one that turned me on to it. It’s my go to now for salting my meats when I’m eating.
For just seasoning and cooking I use my Redman’s.
I tried the Himalayan pink salt but it had too many minerals in it that I was always crunching on. It was like eating food with sand in it. Reminds me of camping out in my boyscout days.
The Redman’s will sometimes have that same gritty crunch but not as bad as the pink salt.

On 4/15/2024 at 11:34 PM, Geezy said:

Yes that’s what he uses in fact he’s the one that turned me on to it. It’s my go to now for salting my meats when I’m eating.
For just seasoning and cooking I use my Redman’s.
I tried the Himalayan pink salt but it had too many minerals in it that I was always crunching on. It was like eating food with sand in it. Reminds me of camping out in my boyscout days.
The Redman’s will sometimes have that same gritty crunch but not as bad as the pink salt.

Yes! At first I thought Redmond's was like a beach picnic, but I guess I have gotten used to it because I don't notice the grit as much anymore.