• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 8/10/2024 at 7:30 PM, Miranda said:

I think you are only supposed to carbonate water because other liquids have fats and other molecular structures that make a mess. I watched a YouTuber that carbonated a variety of different things like milk and applesauce, to see what  happens and  milk made a huge mess.

I purposely bought a DrinkMate instead of a SodaStream. A DrinkMate can carbonate literally anything. I can even revive flat soda and beer, lol.

On 8/12/2024 at 9:32 AM, Miranda said:

Thanks I didn't know that. So what's the difference?

As far as what they do - nothing. In fact, I use the Soda Stream CO2 cartridges in my DrinkMate.

The DrinkMate though has this patented lid. The fizz infuser is built into the lid. After carbonating, there's a little button on the lid that you can gently press to let the pressure out slowly. This is why I can carbonate anything.

The Soda Streams don't have that. The fizz infuser simply dips into the liquid in the container, but it's not sealed at the top of the bottle. Therefore if you fizz something besides water, it will bubble over and make a mess.

In regards to electrolytes you should not use table salt of any kind because it contains sugar and the process which they make the caking agent as well is industrial crap.

Redmond real salt, single source  Himalayan and celtic sea salt is safest for our consumption. 

10 hours ago, Meathead said:

In regards to electrolytes you should not use table salt of any kind because it contains sugar and the process which they make the caking agent as well is industrial crap.

Redmond real salt, single source  Himalayan and celtic sea salt is safest for our consumption. 

I seldom use table salt unless that's all that's avail. At home I use Himalayan salt rocks and grind my own.