• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Yes 50 grams a day imported Natto is all I eat.

My consumption of the day is electrolytes then 500 grams of beef or 6 eggs with 4 strips thin bacon. 

I may sneak in 5 eggs for lunch when needed. 

Geezy:
What about the soy and corn that some Carnivores consume indirectly, by consuming the animals that were fed those things? I, personally, cannot eat pork, or poultry, without an inflammatory reaction. Even organic are usually fed those things. 

Ruminating animals such as cattle, sheep and venison are able to process the grains and toxic plants so that the effects on the meat is very minimal due to the fermentation process of their digestive system. As I’m sure your aware there is a big push within the carnivore/keto community to eat only grass finished beef rather than grain finished. That’s because there is a slight difference between the two due to the diet but for the most part it’s not that big a deal.
Animals such as pork, chicken and fish are monogastric so they don’t process those grains and toxins efficiently so their meat is more affected. They are what they eat as the saying goes. That’s why you find carnivores who cannot tolerate those meats because they are more sensitive to those particular things. I can eat them with no problem but I find that they just don’t satisfy me like eating ruminant meat does. That I believe is due to the monogastric animals having a higher omega 6 to omega 3 ratio. I alway have to add lots of butter to even things out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[mention=661]Laura[/mention] give them a few they'll justify as to why or why not. 
I truly don't need to be oppressed or have someone's opinion shoved down my throat.  

I’m sorry Meathead. I never intended to hurt your feelings. I was just trying to educate you. I had no idea that you would be so closed minded and sensitive as to not see that. I will refrain from trying to help you in the future. Not everyone cares to learn especially when it goes against what they want to believe. It’s a hard thing to accept sometimes. I get that. The truth is not always welcome to some.

To everyone else…I apologize to everyone on here if I seemed out of line. I meant no harm.
I was just pointing out facts and one of those facts is that plants do not belong on a carnivore diet essentially on a daily basis. I’ve even admitted that I eat some on a very rare occasion but the statement stands true, plants do not belong on the carnivore diet.
I will continue to reiterate that if you like them and they don’t bother you then by all means, enjoy yourself but please don’t try to fool yourself into believing they are good for you.
That’s just the truth. Sorry if that bothers anyone but the truth cannot be denied.
Again, I apologize for the discord.
I will now bow out of this conversation so say what you will and I will not respond.
Y’all have a good day.
Keep Calm and Carni On.

24 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I had no idea that you would be so closed minded and sensitive as to not see that.

It's basically your wording, your teaching someone on a subject that didn't ask a question but making a statement pertaining to their self. 

Your previous reply saying I think it helps me basically keep thinking that way.

You sir don't walk in my shoes nor know the conditions I'm facing. 

So instead of presumably knowing everything about carnivore why not listen maybe you would learn something. 

So far feeling better day by day even though I'm not active until after surgery. 

Hovering around 265lbs, my moobs almost disappeared (yayyyyyy).

Lost 2 inches on belly. 

Total wt loss is 35lbs.

All of this and more in my 90 days of carnivore.  

Can't wait to see 180 days then 1 yr.

This is more exciting than when I  sobered up cold turkey. 

So my cardiologist tried to explain red meat causes inflammation, my 230 ldl cholesterol was bad and has to get closer to 55 to avoid another maybe more serious cardiovascular event. He said carbs are not the problem it's red meat. 

I asked him how is it my neuropathy in both legs and feet 95% reversed, I wake up wide eye and bushy tail,I can run up 2 flights of stairs and not be winded,AND after 15 years I wake up with a morning wood like a 15 yr old boy. 🤔 

His response was I can only recommend, suggest to you so as to prevent another event. 

We both agreed to disagree, he refuses to let his pride go and look into this lifestyle for enlightening. 

I will definitely print abstract of studies in BMJ and present them my 6 month appointment. 

21 hours ago, Meathead said:

So my cardiologist tried to explain red meat causes inflammation, my 230 ldl cholesterol was bad and has to get closer to 55 to avoid another maybe more serious cardiovascular event. He said carbs are not the problem it's red meat. 

I asked him how is it my neuropathy in both legs and feet 95% reversed, I wake up wide eye and bushy tail,I can run up 2 flights of stairs and not be winded,AND after 15 years I wake up with a morning wood like a 15 yr old boy. 🤔 

His response was I can only recommend, suggest to you so as to prevent another event. 

We both agreed to disagree, he refuses to let his pride go and look into this lifestyle for enlightening. 

I will definitely print abstract of studies in BMJ and present them my 6 month appointment. 

He's got that cog in the wheel, " standard of care" mindset. It's sad that seeing your obvious results didn't wake him up. But at least you planted a seed.

2 hours ago, Miranda said:

But at least you planted a seed.

He was decent enough to let me audio record and if you could hear him you would laugh. 

I'm gonna sow more than a seed. How's he going to refute someone who's got PhD in neuroscience<25 years AND PhD in cardiovascular <<24 years that's published evidence statins are basically only good as a business model and nothing else 😉 

Just was told to drink Gatorade 12 oz before surgery.  They said not to drink my Redmond real salt and water mixture. 

Studies have been done those who drank Gatorade fared better than drinking water or nothing with their blood glucose due to the electrolytes. 

So I just chuckled and agreed so I can get off the phone with that mentally and cook my ribeye. 

Honestly the people working in medical field should use their common sense alas they're sheep like most of society walking through life with blinders while looking down upon the lowly layman who knows nothing because they don't have a FORMAL education like they do. 

Unfortunately you can't apply everything by protocol you have to improvise or make something work with what you have. 

Like when wife's Dr said ketosis is bad and go to the ER if I happen to get it. <<<< I had to walk away before she heard me laughing at her.

Edited by Meathead

Doctors in the mainstream medical world are controlled by Big Pharma and the insurance industry. Because of this they must adhere to the “Standard Of Care” protocol. That way if you were to try to sue them then they can say “I followed the StandardOf Care protocol and that protects them in court. CYA.
Sometimes the the most educated people I meet are also the most ignorant.

I pulled up 3 studies for my cardiologist.  All 3 published and 1 is from college of cardiology. 

I thought of using videos of Dr's proving this but he's more likely not to comprehend layman's way so bury him in papers, studies so he feels a bit challenged  😂

If I can fix 1 broken dr I'm doing my job. If not I'll find a new cardiologist. 

Edited by Meathead

That’s too bad that your cardiologist is so closed minded.
My cardiologist has never questioned what I’ve done even though I told him. He applauds my accomplishments. I have an appointment with him in two weeks and I expect him to drop me as a patient because I’m doing so well.
If you lived in my area I’d turn you on to my guy.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

My cardiologist has never questioned what I’ve done even though I told him. He applauds my accomplishment

You have a rare commodity. 

I had tons of improvements, blood work was great, only (triglycerides & hdl) need improvement but I did improve in 90 days went from 350ish in triglycerides to 230ish.

No praise or positive input only to tell me to lower my Ldl and stop worrying about my triglycerides. 

I'm tenacious especially when I get looked down on due to my education.  I'll school in a nice way but I'm putting him on notice. 

Edited by Meathead