• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Hello! 2+ Year Carnivore Here

Just found the site and glad to be here.

I went Carnivore ~27 months ago and it has been a true miracle for me. I was on SSRIs, and later SSRIs and Adderall, for 42 years. 42 YEARS!!! I've been off all since starting the Carnivore life and my depression and anxiety have been healed. I thank God. Amazing. Incredible.

Since then I've also quit smoking/vaping (43 years) and lost 33 lbs and life has just been really good. 

I look forward to learning more and meeting my fellow Carneys!

God bless you all.

Hi and welcome aboard. 

This lifestyle is super beneficial but will have hiccups, stalls and the dreaded falling back to carbs and sugars. 

Make sure you get a benchmark blood work starting and annual, drink electrolytes religiously. 

Congratulations on your journey and best wishes for you to achieve your goals. 

Welcome to our little tribe. We are glad to have you.
After being carnivore for as long as you have you have many of us beat so I’m sure your experience and insights will be helpful around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much, y'all! I've recently been having pretty bad leg cramps at night, which is how I stumbled onto this site. I have not taken electrolytes up to this point but just got some new potassium/magnesium supplements. Haven't taken them long enough to know if they'll be effective yet. I've been eating a lot more seafood recently as opposed to beef. Not sure if that would make a difference but something is different! What do y'all think?

FATTY beef or other ruminant animals. 

Fat>protein as that's where you will get most of your energy. 

Table salt no Bueno, only use Redmond real salt or Himalayan <single source or Celtic sea salt.  Table salt has sugar and anti caring agent which neither are healthy.

You can make electrolytes with Redmond real salt and water if you can't stand taste add a squeeze of lemon juice. 

Carnivore lifestyle works best without seed oils, carbs and sugar 😋 

I like to eat omad,drinking my electrolytes all day until I get hungry. 

Edited by Meathead

Thank you! I have been using Redmonds but just switched back to table salt because I thought the potassium not added to Redmond's may have contributed to my cramps. But! I also take Lugol's 2% drops so I'm just a bit confused and wondering if I need to incorporate electrolytes. I am typically around 60%/40% fat to protein ratio daily but I think I'll eat more burgers for a few days and see what happens.

I'd heard people talk about leg cramps before but yikesamunga! they hurt! 😫

9 hours ago, Bluedagger65 said:

have been using Redmonds but just switched back to table salt because I thought the potassium not added to Redmond's

TABLE SALT shouldn't be consumed for ANY reason.  Look at the label. 

Get some blood work done so you have a better idea instead of possibly doing yourself more harm by chancing it's this or that. 

Eat BBB&E religiously along with electrolytes religiously for 90 days this will give your body time to regulate then get blood work done (fasting) of course. 

https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/nutrition/beef-nutrients

From WebMD

Chicken breast has the highest amount at 332 milligrams of potassium per 3-ounce serving. Beef and turkey breast contain 315 and 212 milligrams, respectively.

Hope this helps. 

10 hours ago, Bluedagger65 said:

I have been using Redmonds but just switched back to table salt because I thought the potassium not added to Redmond's may have contributed to my cramps.

So, I'm a bit indifferent when it comes to salt. IMO, the additives in typical table salt are trivial. But, Redmond's and Pink Himalayan salts are going to have more minerals in them because it hasn't been refined. You're actually doing the opposite of what you think you are doing. There is no potassium in table salt, but there IS potassium in Redmond's salt.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

There is no potassium in table salt, but there IS potassium in Redmond's salt.

Hence table salt shouldn't be on the table for discussion 😂

It's the process/chemicals used and if you're using table salt for foods,every little bit adds up. Table salt tastes way different than natural salt. 

I won’t use table salt because it has sugar in it. Yes it’s trivial but it can still add up.

Your fat ratio sounds pretty low but if that’s been working for you then that’s fine.
Are you drinking enough water and if so are you adding some salt to it?
I drink about a minimum of 80 ounces of water a day and I add a 1/4 teaspoon of Redmond’s to every other 20oz tumbler full.
Mineral supplements can be over done but you may be a good candidate for LMNT or KetoChow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk