• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I saw a tip on a Carnivore video. Man cut some liver into small chunks and froze them individually. Then later he grated the liver while frozen and mixed the grated pieces into a pound of ground beef. I like liver fine cooked with plenty of bacon, but I liked his idea, too. So tonight I followed his suggestion, made patties out of the mixture and they're now in my freezer waiting for a burger day soon. 

I saw a tip on a Carnivore video. Man cut some liver into small chunks and froze them individually. Then later he grated the liver while frozen and mixed the grated pieces into a pound of ground beef. I like liver fine cooked with plenty of bacon, but I liked his idea, too. So tonight I followed his suggestion, made patties out of the mixture and they're now in my freezer waiting for a burger day soon. 

That works well.
I don’t care much for eating just cooked liver but I love it when it’s made into liverwurst or pate.
I haven’t tried it yet but I saw on another site a recipe to cut the liver in thin slices and then wrapping them in bacon and then cooking that in the oven. Myself I’d put it on my smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, OKay said:

Breakfast was eggs and shrimp scrambled and cooked in ghee. Dinner was slices of boiled beef tongue. Both were absolutely delicious. 

Breakfast sounds delicious.

On my way home from work yesterday, I stopped at a local meat shop and they sell all kinds of unusual animal parts you would never see at the grocery store, including beef tongue. It caught my attention and I thought to myself 'I wonder how that should be prepared' in order to be a tasty dish.

15 hours ago, atlsrt44 said:

Im thinking of adding organ specifically liver. Never liked it as a kid so maybe i need to try again.

I'm hit or miss with liver. I got it about 6 months ago, cooked it well done in bacon grease and I didn't mind it. Got some about 3 months ago, seared it in a skillet with butter so that it was "medium" and it tasted horrible. 

So my wife went out with some friends yesterday for dinner (girl's night) and I only had to cook for myself. I went to this meat shop and picked up some items. While I was there, I saw a 3/4 pack of genuine gyro loaf. I LOVE gyros, and still had some tsatsiki sauce (basically yoghurt) to use up before it spoiled as well as some Egg Life wraps, so I figured I would treat myself. 

Now mind you, genuine gyro loaf is a mixture of beef, lamb, bread crumbs, and spices - so this technically breaks my vow to never eat grains again. 

Yesterday when I woke up, I was about 175. This morning I was 177. It's unbelievable how grain-sensitive I am. 

I don't know how much grain or how many carbs were in it. But I had a pound of food. I could have had a pound of NY Strip and wouldn't have gained anything.

I had been strict carnivore, almost lion diet, for the previous 3 weeks.

52 minutes ago, OKay said:

Looks delicious! Loved the pup in the background hoping for a handout! 😀

This is for Bob and I hope he finds it. I'm still very much learning my way around this site, not sure yet exactly how to reply to a post. Tongue is very easy to cook, Bob. Large pot, add tongue, bring to a boil and then simmer until tender. It varies with each one you cook, but it takes a few hours. Once it's tender, remove it to the sink and skin it. Just peel off the outer part of the tongue and let yours dogs or cats have it. (Mine love it). Your meat is then ready to slice and eat. The base of the tongue is the fattest and best part, but all of it is delicious. Enjoy!

Now mind you, genuine gyro loaf is a mixture of beef, lamb, bread crumbs, and spices - so this technically breaks my vow to never eat grains again. 

I did not know that gyro meat was adulterated. Shocked!
I worked in Greece for awhile, Athens specifically, I practically live off of lamb shanks, donner and gyroys. Fantastic food over there.

OMAD at 2pm today. 300gram ground beef burger, 2 chicken drumsticks, 2 dill pickles, small cube of liver wurst, teaspoon homemade mayo, made with avocado oil.

Edited by Jen

16 hours ago, Geezy said:

I did not know that gyro meat was adulterated. Shocked!

I know, right? Now I am on a mission to find gyro meat without the breadcrumbs, or to find/create the perfect gyro meat seasonings. I love gyros so much. It had been almost 10 months since I had some gyro meat. 

5 hours ago, Jen said:

OMAD at 2pm today. 300gram ground beef burger, 2 chicken drumsticks, 2 dill pickles, small cube of liver wurst, teaspoon homemade mayo, made with avocado oil.

Very nice. I want to make my own mayo eventually. 

Smoked up some venison backstrap and tenderloins to a nice medium rare.
55078eb665f07cc83e8011f9ee372817.jpg

After slicing I drizzled my steak sauce over them.
2ca1d4304493de3370a50e91688567e1.jpg

It’s a carnivore delight.

Speaking of bison, I recently interacted with someone who can only eat bison. Like, even other ruminant meats cause her grief, but bison alone is quite agreeable with her. She posted some science behind it which was quite interesting. But if you though Mikhaila Peterson had it bad, well...