• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 12/8/2023 at 3:25 PM, Geezy said:

I’ve noticed several newcomers to this lifestyle tend to get confused about what they can eat or get bored with just eating the same old thing over and over and then there’s some that just don’t have much imagination around food and in the kitchen.

Well this is a thread for everyone to post what they eat each day.

It doesn’t matter if it’s something you eat day in and day out or if it’s something that’s unique but still in the spectrum of carnivore, post it up. It may help inspire someone to stick with their diet plan and reach their goals by introducing something new to their diet.

So, What did you eat today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on the Lion diet (BEEF,  SALT, (Redmond's) & ELECTROLYTES. Started with Dr Berry PHD (proper human diet) a year ago. Kept having issues with pork (histamine reaction: sneezed all day & runny nose the same day I ate it.) No more PORK bacon for me. Also had reactions to dairy,even butter, & eggs. I found a fantastic BEEF BACON at billydoemeats. com, they ship in dry ice. (Grass fed.) Their chuck eye steak (beef) is more tender than ribeye, 2-1/2" thick, and has a wonderful flavor. They also have goat, lamb & chicken leg+thigh. (Get the beef bacon!) 

21 hours ago, louis said:

Lots of lovely fried eggs in coconut oil. Yummy. It is the first time that I have had fried eggs in a long time. 

I am new to this and am going to frequently post for accountability purposes. 

I will mostly be eating eggs. 

Namaste. 

So pleased to have found this group! 

May I ask why you're going to mostly eat eggs? Beef is really the prime source of nutrients our body needs. 

On 3/9/2024 at 5:36 PM, Geezy said:

Mud bugs y’all. Just might have come close to eating my weight in these things today. Love these, like crawfish crack.
cd773c1b7d8ee7fdb41079eda14cc874.jpg

😮

23 hours ago, louis said:

Lots of lovely fried eggs in coconut oil. Yummy. It is the first time that I have had fried eggs in a long time. 

Namaste. 

Welcome Luis!

Glad you're here. Explore the site. There's lots of stuff here that will help you navigate your new life style. You will also find a bunch of recipes if you're up to trying them out. If you need a quicker answer than exploring the site will provide, then just ask!

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

Welcome Luis.
If I may make a suggestion, while coconut oil is less bad than a seed oil, it’s still not the healthiest choice. If you would like to optimize your carnivore diet you might want to try using an animal fat such as tallow, lard, bacon grease, butter, ghee or duck fat. These would help you in becoming better fat adapted.

Geezy. Thank you so much for sharing that with me. I am very grateful. 

I will order some ghee. In fact, I have just ordered some ghee after reading your message. I am in Nepal at the moment and it is tricky getting ingredients. I have found great ghee and egg suppliers though so I think that is mostly what I will be eating hence forth. 

I just made and ate my best fried eggs with coconut oil and salt yet! 

Thank you again for the info Geezy. 

Best wishes.

Namaste

Namaste. 

4 hours ago, Steven2023 said:

Welcome Luis!

Glad you're here. Explore the site. There's lots of stuff here that will help you navigate your new life style. You will also find a bunch of recipes if you're up to trying them out. If you need a quicker answer than exploring the site will provide, then just ask!

Much appreciated Steven. Namaste

7 hours ago, Phyllis said:

May I ask why you're going to mostly eat eggs? Beef is really the prime source of nutrients our body needs. 

Hi Phyllis. 

I would love to eat lots of beef as well as many other meats. I am in Nepal at the moment and it is tricky getting meat. 

I am loving seeing the photographs of the yummy meats which you are all eating. I would love it if I could pull the dishes out of the screen and eat them myself! 

(Get the beef bacon!) 

I’ve heard great things about beef bacon. I haven’t found any locally but the next time I’m at one of my butcher shops I’m going to ask them about it. I’ll check out your source as well. Thanks.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:40 PM, Phyllis said:

I am on the Lion diet (BEEF,  SALT, (Redmond's) & ELECTROLYTES. Started with Dr Berry PHD (proper human diet) a year ago. Kept having issues with pork (histamine reaction: sneezed all day & runny nose the same day I ate it.) No more PORK bacon for me. Also had reactions to dairy,even butter, & eggs. I found a fantastic BEEF BACON at billydoemeats. com, they ship in dry ice. (Grass fed.) Their chuck eye steak (beef) is more tender than ribeye, 2-1/2" thick, and has a wonderful flavor. They also have goat, lamb & chicken leg+thigh. (Get the beef bacon!) 

I will have to try beef bacon. 

I've been avoiding pork for the last 30 days because of my high potassium, so while I have cheated and had some bacon here and there, I haven't indulged as much as I had been.

Welcome to our corner, @Phyllis 🙂

On 3/11/2024 at 2:03 AM, louis said:

I ate more fried eggs today and really enjoyed them. I probably cooked my best yet. I finally worked out how to cook the whites fully thanks to a YouTube chef! 

Since you mentioned a YouTube chef, here is a Cadillac egg recipe for you. You probably wouldn't do it this way every time, but once in a while wouldn't hurt. They are really tasty this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaKvTA9G0i4&t

What did I have to eat today? Not much. I had a pretty bad episode of diverticulitis and had to go to the ER around 6 this morning. I had a bowl of chili for lunch Monday, nothing at all after that til today when I got home from the hospital.

I had a poached egg and also made some Jello -- not the best thing to eat, but I have to give my guts a rest for a few days and only eat stuff that is easily digestible. I also need to eat something three times a day when I take the anti-bios they gave me.

Oh well, this has been a problem since 2015, although I haven't had an episode this bad in a long time.

I told the sweet young nurse (probably 25) "Don't get old, it's no fun."

5 hours ago, Steven2023 said:

Since you mentioned a YouTube chef, here is a Cadillac egg recipe for you. You probably wouldn't do it this way every time, but once in a while wouldn't hurt. They are really tasty this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaKvTA9G0i4&t

I made the scrambled eggs (with a difference) the way the chef made them today. The ingredients I used were eggs, salt and ghee. They were yummy! 

Edited by louis
Mistake