• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I got a 34 oz chuck roast today at the butcher shop. Looked good enough to fry it like a steak. The gal there said you ought to put that in your new crock pot. So I did. Put it in my new to me off brand instant pot. with some radishes. Dang it was good. And the radishes with butter was just like mashed taters. I know, not carnivore, but was no carbs. A few years ago I learned that if you got a hankering for fried taters, fried radishes filled the void. 

Anyhow, I ate the whole thing. 

~I like soggy pork rinds. ~

Last night I took a friend and his wife to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. It was my treat because they helped us out when we went on vacation in August. Along with my tasty NY Strip I had a stuffed mushroom appetizer, and I also enjoyed an Old Fashioned (Kentucky bourbon-based drink). I don't mind stepping back into Ketovore on the rare occasions that I go out these days. 

I haven't eaten outside since I started my journey and not sure I can after seeing the shit that they put into food. 

Especially after eating at friends 2x only having 2 drumsticks finding out later they're fried in vegetable oil. 

I prefer Texas roadhouse > longhorn. 

13 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

6 eggs topped with baloney. 

Just sounded good....

I occasionally do a fried bologna sandwhich. Well, these days I put that on an Egg Life wrap. A local restaurant makes one and I really liked it so I now do my own carnivore version of it. 

Might just do that today in fact, lol.

I didn't take a picture, but today was lamb chops, cooked in ghee using my new cast iron pan.

There was a bit of a learning curve for cooking in cast iron. Those things really hold heat and I was burning everything. I only need to set it half as high as my non-stick Ninja pans. 

11 hours ago, Geezy said:

You did fry that boloney…right?

Not really. Cut some up in the egg mixture then just tossed a couple slices on top of the cheese and let sit a bit. 

Last night I had ox tail.  It's amazing that something normally covered in poo can taste so good. Now I have a container of beef jello in the fridge. Thinking of using it in a hotpot if I don't add it to something or eat it with a spoon. 

Tonight I had a pound of ground. 

I got a heart and some liver in the freezer. Who knows what will happen this week. 

Had a small 1.3 pound chuck roast and the last piece of ox tail in my small pressure cooker. Was hoping to have some left over for work tomorrow. ... Nope! 

I picked up what says its a rice cooker but looks like an instant pot. Only holds 8 cups. =2 quarts. Figure just about right for one person. So I been using it as a pressure cooker and am happy with the results. Not that I've ever used an instant pot. So I don't have anything to compare with. Found it at a Samaritan Center for $4 bucks. I'm happy. 

Well I think eggs wife bought were contaminated so trying to set my internals back to stable but GREAT news is I can fit into shorts I've been unable to fit in for 4+years hell maybe more. 

Had 1lb ribeye and 1/3 lb burger. Hopefully my pipes done giving me problems 😄 

Back down to 263.  After surgery I shot up to 271 from swelling. 

Edited by Meathead

Food art today y’all.
4a51f02824f97d437574a393406efb57.jpg
Slow smoked that pork butt for 10 hours. Nice tasty bark and fall off the bone tender.

Tomorrow it’s time to go primal. Opening day of bow season starts and I’ll be out there going primitive. So glad it’s finally here because I’m getting really low on venison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk