• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

So we went out and celebrated our 23th anniversary last night with some friends, so I did eat off plan - sorta. I had filet mignon, lobster tail, scallops, with a salad, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. We also had some red wine. They new it was our anniversary so they gave us a free creme brulee, and I did have a bite of that. Creme brulee has crusted sugar on top, which is the only part of the meal that actually breaks my personal vow to never eat sugar and grains again. Anniversaries are probably my only exception. 

20240127_202447.jpg

Haven’t had much of an appetite. I have noticed that I am not so fund of some meats, hamburger is my go to, I love bacon but my system does not care for some brands. I seem to be finding that my system is very picky is this normal? I am not complaining about this just want to know if it’s normal.

Angie 

Picky gut 

On 1/16/2024 at 9:25 PM, Steven2023 said:

I just finished a grill session and ended up with some bacon-wrapped pork loins, wagyu patties, paper-thin chuck steaks, and another batch of pork belly burnt ends.  😋

image.thumb.png.1bdadf04917305f4587ad03fa15e10bc.png

image.thumb.png.f21bce5ac4c0b5f4c40ab7682b4f40f5.png

This should last me a while.  😁

I wanted some of these so bad, my friend cooked some and I got excited but they didn’t. I can’t get them down. 

So we went out and celebrated our 23th anniversary last night with some friends, so I did eat off plan - sorta. I had filet mignon, lobster tail, scallops, with a salad, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. We also had some red wine. They new it was our anniversary so they gave us a free creme brulee, and I did have a bite of that. Creme brulee has crusted sugar on top, which is the only part of the meal that actually breaks my personal vow to never eat sugar and grains again. Anniversaries are probably my only exception. 

20240127_202447.thumb.jpg.ce4153e164c68d764ce2ec6f09d4a06a.jpg

Oh Bob, you dirty, dirty boy. Shame.
Just kidding my friend, congratulations on your anniversary.
Today was me and my bride’s anniversary as well 41 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I prepped me some bacon wrapped meatballs, next sausage cheese meatballs. Does anyone have a good dipping sauce recipe to go with these lovel200.gif?cid=2f201505xp4xzr91vph6af7c2b8ify8ba6y4lxyh35ng3l67&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=gies 

How decadent would you like to be?
This is called the best steak sauce but it’s great on any meat and it’s even great for dipping pork rinds in.

Recipe

The BEST Steak Sauce
INGREDIENTS

• ▢ 

1 cup unsalted butter
• ▢ 

8 ounces cream cheese
• ▢ 

3/4 cup beef broth
• ▢ 

1 tablespoon black truffles
• ▢ 

1 teaspoon Redmond Real salt

INSTRUCTIONS

• Heat the butter in a large sauce pot over high heat. Whisk often so the butter doesn't burn on the outside of the pan. The butter will start to bubble and froth up. Whisk often at this point. The butter will start to darken and turn brown. Remove from heat and keep whisking.

• Add the cream cheese.

• After a minute, slowly add the broth, truffles and salt.

• Use a stick blender to puree until smooth or just use a whisk if you don’t mind the work. Taste and adjust seasoning and truffle taste to your liking.

• Pour into a mason jar. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 7 days. This sauce will thicken a lot overnight.
• Serve with your favorite steak or meat!

11 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Haven’t had much of an appetite. I have noticed that I am not so fund of some meats, hamburger is my go to, I love bacon but my system does not care for some brands. I seem to be finding that my system is very picky is this normal? I am not complaining about this just want to know if it’s normal.

Angie 

Picky gut 

Can you explain what you mean by picky system, picky gut? Are you talking about a stomachache, or the follow up bathroom experience?

If the latter remember that bacon is super high fat. If you're gall bladder doesn't have enough bile to break down all the fat you consume in a meal, the excess fat is going to go right through you.

When you are just starting out, your gall bladder might not be storing a whole lot. As your body learns that you are now eating more fat on a regular basis, it will ramp up bile production and storage.

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

Oh Bob, you dirty, dirty boy. Shame. emoji15.png
Just kidding my friend, congratulations on your anniversary.
Today was me and my bride’s anniversary as well 41 years.

Congrats. Ours was in December but we were down with the Covid and felt like death, so we had to postpone it.

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Can you explain what you mean by picky system, picky gut? Are you talking about a stomachache, or the follow up bathroom experience?

If the latter remember that bacon is super high fat. If you're gall bladder doesn't have enough bile to break down all the fat you consume in a meal, the excess fat is going to go right through you.

When you are just starting out, your gall bladder might not be storing a whole lot. As your body learns that you are now eating more fat on a regular basis, it will ramp up bile production and storage.

No it's just that somethings I am tolerating well. Say, thick bacon, no no, sometime eggs are not tolerable.  I think that it is just a matter of adjusting, nothing major, I am just playing with different meats now, trying different methods to cook.

I should have taken a picture today. I made wagyu beef burgers with melted cheese and some greek Tzatziki sauce on top. Tzatziki is basically yogurt with diced cucumbers and some seasonings. It was reminiscient of a gyro although some actual gyro meat would have been divine!

I should have taken a picture today. I made wagyu beef burgers with melted cheese and some greek Tzatziki sauce on top. Tzatziki is basically yogurt with diced cucumbers and some seasonings. It was reminiscient of a gyro although some actual gyro meat would have been divine!

Oh man I do love a good gyro. I ate them all the time when I worked in Athens. I’d love to go back to Greece and eat a few more but this time using Egglife Wraps.

11 hours ago, Bob said:

What's wagyu?

What's wagyu?

Wagyu is a Japanese beef cattle breed that is derived from native Asian cattle. 'Wagyu' refers to all Japanese beef cattle, where 'Wa' means Japanese and 'gyu' means cow.
There are actually four different breeds of cattle that fall into the category of Wagyu beef.
It’s a very heavily marbled beef that is higher in a type of fatty acid called conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). Wagyu beef contain the highest amount of CLA per gram of any food, about 30% more than other beef breeds due to higher linoleic acid levels. Foods that are naturally high in CLA have fewer negative health effects.