• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 7/24/2024 at 8:36 PM, Geezy said:

Bulletproof tea to start the day. A big smoked ribeye around 3 pm and a popsicle made from Kiltz’s ice cream for dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Geezy, is bulletproof tea the same just adding mct oil 

Hello there Geezy, how did you season your pork belly, and can you please give me the recipe for the bread? TIA

Hello there Geezy, how did you season your pork belly, and can you please give me the recipe for the bread? TIA

I didn’t season it at all. It was some pork belly left over from making liverwurst so I just sliced it and fried it up. I put a little salt on it after it was cooked.

So Geezy, is bulletproof tea the same just adding mct oil 

Bulletproof tea is the same as bulletproof coffee.
One cup hot beverage of your choice. One tablespoon of butter. One tablespoon of MCT oil. Blend in a blender or nutrabullet for 30 seconds.

I’ve quit drinking tea so my morning cup is half a cup of bone broth. Half a cup of water mixed together. Heated to boiling then I add the butter and oil and blend it all together.

On 8/4/2024 at 9:51 PM, Angela Little said:

Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken tenders, I am meal prepping and that's one of my meats. Any ideas!!!!!!!!

I would have to look it up, but in the past I dipped them in egg and then pork rinds before frying them up. That seemed to work and is carnivore. 

If you're just doing keto, I bet you there's an almond flour version out there somewhere.

What ingredients are required to craft this fine bread?

120g egg white protein powder (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp redmond real salt
1/4 cup allulose
1 1/2 cups of water
20g whole egg powder (3 tablespoons)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Gently whisk together the egg white protein powder, cream of tartar, salt and allulose in a stand mixer. On low speed slowly add in the water. Gradually increase the speed. Mix on full speed for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add in the whole egg powder a bit at a time and mix just until combined and no lumps are left. Spread the batter into a loaf pan that is lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes (reduce cook time to 33 minutes if making 2 mini loaves). Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to rest on a wire rack until completely cool to the touch. Slice and enjoy.

It is kinda dry but tastes good and looks like bread. You don’t have to use the Allulose if you don’t want to but the bread won’t brown up as nice.
My next batch I will shave some frozen butter into the batter and see if that makes it less dry.

Todays meal was a burger roll.
e865a91c533b20ca6b556f577b8702aa.jpg
It consisted of venison burger, chorizo, Black Forest ham, Munster cheese and pepper jack cheese and salt. All rolled up and then rolled again with bacon around it.
Tuned out pretty good.

I had to quit dairy.  Was causing scalp sores, tons of mucus, and sinus issues, constipation, increased neck pain.  Have added back a bit of cashew butter.  Today had a bit of that, and ground beef and a bit of chuck steak. 

I just had my first Ribeye since starting this 6 days ago.  So Chuck steaks are good, don't get me wrong, but they are miles from a Ribeye!!  Man it was amazing cooked in bacon fat and topped with butter cooked rare but well seared in a cast iron skillet.  Just wow nothing has tasted that good to me in many many years, even other Ribeyes!

401db3ae0c35c4744e1a0a865bab1611.jpg
Nothing fancy today. Just pan fried some venison stew meat in tallow and a couple slices of carni bread with lots of butter. Felt kinda primal not being creative.