• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

13 hours ago, Miranda said:

Just wondering how many have spouses that are not remotely interested in joining carnivore lifestyle and or make faces at your plate on the regular.

That would be me, lol. My wife wants her sugar, and admits she's addicted, and has even said she would rather keep taking her medications as long as she can eat whatever she wants. My daughter is morbidly obeses and the health complications are starting to roll in. I took off 50+ pounds right in front of their eyes last year to prove that it could be done. I've reversed a host of medical issues. But they still think I am the crazy one, lol.

I don't flinch or feel any pressure. I am in this for the long haul. Hopefully when they see the contrast between someone who eats a proper human diet and one who doesn't, it's not too late for their health and wellness. I had to reach a certain low before I realized I needed to do something about it myself.

I am the only one in the household that is carnivore. But I don't get any faces. I get encouragement, they see the results and cheer me on. My wife started considering and scrutinizing her carbs though, and has always been a very disciplined eater. Caught her reading a keto book even. I was the sugar addict, and that is now gone. I've even become good at cooking my meat, and they ask if I want to prepare food (meat), while that normally wasn't requested. Because I loathe and stink at cooking. 

Back when I did Adkins, about 20 years ago, my wife was dead set against me doing it. Like most she was totally caught up in SAD hype. It didn’t matter. It all made perfect sense to me and I told her that it didn’t matter. I would do it with or without her support. After I lost 50 pounds in one year, was hitting the gym three days a week, full of energy and healthy as a horse she became convinced that I was on the right track and she started supporting me and even joined me.
I maintained Adkins for ten years and slowly fell off the wagon and went back to being a carb eater and not caring anymore.
When my health deteriorated to the point I was desperate I was introduced to carnivore and this really resonated with me. When I jumped in with both feet my wife had no objections. She isn’t joining me but she supports me and sees the miraculous changes in me. She eats what I eat but she isn’t going to give up her avocados and spinach smoothies and occasional pasta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Miranda said:

Out the oxalates! I can relate to avocado addiction but spinach smoothies -blech🤢🤮

Right. Back when I used to think spinach was super healthy, I would eat it in preference to lettuce. I don't think I will intentionally touch spinach ever again now knowing what I know. I am not opposed to the occasional avocado if I am in a situation where I have to dip my toes back into keto for an odd meal dining out. 

Out the oxalates! I can relate to avocado addiction but spinach smoothies -blech

I’m with you on this. Before I become carnivore I tried one of her smoothies and just one sip convinced me that I wanted nothing to do with them. Now back then I would eat fresh spinach in my salads and deep fried spinach was very tasty but her smoothies had all kinds of other stuff in them and most of it just isn’t palatable to me. They don’t seem to bother her though and she thinks it’s healthy.
Now avocados? I’m sorry but to me they are just nasty. I can’t stand the texture and they have no flavor to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Can I just say how happy and relieved I am that my husband didn't discourage me from my carnivore journey, even after witnessing my exorcism in the bathroom last night! I am really convinced it was my daily fat intake that caused the upheaval and he agreed that he has had that happen to him from eating kielbasa. It didn't hurt that he got a second lunch out of the shrimp I pulled out of the freezer today because of my temporary beef aversion.

On 5/5/2024 at 9:03 PM, Miranda said:

It didn't hurt that he got a second lunch out of the shrimp I pulled out of the freezer

Seafood will win me over also, lol 😄

On 5/6/2024 at 2:03 AM, Miranda said:

Can I just say how happy and relieved I am that my husband didn't discourage me from my carnivore journey...

Mine is fine about it too and he decided to join me a couple of weeks ago to help control his Type ll. But I discovered he had carrot cake this morning so my motivation to keep him motivated has evaporated. He can go back to his normal sugar-laden diet as far as I'm concerned.

Ha ha, can you tell I am really narked over this?

1 hour ago, BevG said:

Ha ha, can you tell I am really narked over this?

I have never seen or heard narked I had to look it up. I would love to use it but narc-ed  over hear means something altogether different. More like tattling. Narc is short for narcotics undercover cop sent into bust school age people.

1 hour ago, Miranda said:

I have never seen or heard narked I had to look it up. I would love to use it but narc-ed  over hear means something altogether different. More like tattling. Narc is short for narcotics undercover cop sent into bust school age people.

LOL! Narky; grumpy and irritable. I gave him two miserable bits of haddock for his dinner. I have Wagu burgers lined up for me.