• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I have recently started to use some of my downtime to walk at a local track. I now have a measurable way to track my sprinting progress because of the markings. I cant quite sprint for 100 meters ATM,  but now I have a concrete goal to work up to.  Do you have any short term movement goals? What is your favorite type of movement? Drop them here and keep us posted on how you coming along at meeting them. 

So I walk the dog and hike local trails when the weather is nice.

I recently stumbled across a deal on a used treadmill that I couldn't pass up. It's a very nice one and the previous owner just wanted it out of his basement. It's in my garage at the moment because I haven't decided where I want to put it. But one of my goals is to get my heart rate up and keep that blood flowing, lol. 

I’ve seen where Dr. Chaffee recommends sprinting and I sure wish I could try it but unfortunately I haven’t been able to run or even jog since 12/30/1980.
All I can do is walk so that’s what I do. I try to get my 3 miles in every other day but with all of the bad weather we’ve been having it’s been difficult so I guess my goal will be to just get up and get back to walking now that there’s a break in the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to walk 1 hr per day....(weather permitting)...I use resistance bands..lift dumbells...Wall pushups.. Squats..Planks...I just started all of this a month ago...It does help with blood sugar and blood pressure...I am gradually increasing the intensity each week..I am in way better shape than I was...However I realize I have a Long..Long road in front of me...

I was able to sprint hard for most of the 100 meter. I had a ball cap on and tried not to slow up till I crossed the finish line. I wasn't able to do max intensity for the entire stretch but previously had to stop running before the finish line. I think the rest is important and I probably won't try again until next week. Coincidentally, I  had been sucking on a piece of salt from Redmond's 20 minutes prior. I feel like that helped. 

I haven't used my treadmill yet. I think I need to. I was running with my dog at the park and my legs just felt super heavy. Hopefully I am just out of practice. I don't run much these days.

Does climbing up and down this scaffold all day count? 😄

This is a fireplace that I finished today. 12 foot wide, 16 foot ceilings, and the tiles were 24 inches by 60 inches. It sure felt like a workout, lol. 

20240531_132821.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Does climbing up and down this scaffold all day count? 😄

This is a fireplace that I finished today. 12 foot wide, 16 foot ceilings, and the tiles were 24 inches by 60 inches. It sure felt like a workout, lol. 

20240531_132821.jpg

Absolutely! 💯 

Yesterday I went heavy on the shoulders workout and today they’re pretty sore. It stopped me from trimming a bunch of vines on my barn.
Today was a brisk 3 mile walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk