• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Do you have a tried and true go to food that has rarely wavered?

I can eat beef, butter, bacon, and eggs, for any meal, every day, and never get bored. Ground beef is "ole trusty". Cheap, easy to prepare, and packed with nutrition. I just change up how I prepare it from day to day. Chopped up one day, made into patties the next, then another day rolled into meatballs with a cheese cube in the center, then taco seasoned, then on an Egg Life wrap, then as a meat loaf, etc, etc. It's fairly versatile, lol.

I eat such a variety it’s hard to choose just one but I guess my mainstay just might be eggs.
They are the perfect nutrition. I can fix them in so many different ways that I could never get tired of them. I have a nearly endless supply of them and they’re free. Well free for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

In the past few weeks for me it has the hamburger I grind myself. 

This past weekend I hit a couple three stores and took advantage of some sales. I bought some chuck roast, a couple sirloins, two small rib eyes and two flat irons. I bought a ten-pound bag of assorted beef fat. (Ends from rib eyes, some brisket trimmings, etc.)

I ground it close to 60/40 and then one three-pound pack of 50/50. 

Tonight, it was the 50/50 burgers, and they were amazing. So as of late my go to has been the high fat burgers.

Scott

Posted (edited)

Sometimes I have chopped hamburger for lunch. I fry it before work and ice packs in my lunchbox cool it down by the time I eat lunch. Store only had 75/25 and it was just too much in coagulated form so I made sure I drained it on a paper towel thereafter. But generally, since I was a kid a favorite was eating well cooked beef fat especially charred on BBQ meat. I may seem to be contradicting myself having voiced being tired of greasy meat but charred fat is different to me and it is just a flavorful accent. I would not eat a plate of it. Well, some time in my life I might had there been an opportunity.

Edited by Another Meat Head
left out a word

charred fat is different to me and it is just a flavorful accent.

Charred fat is meat candy.
I render my own tallow and I save what’s left of the fat bits and I’ll fry them up for a snack occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/23/2024 at 9:43 PM, Scott F. said:

In the past few weeks for me it has the hamburger I grind myself. 

I'm getting more interested in this. The lady I met down the street does this. She's even offered for me to come down and use her equipment.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:29 AM, Another Meat Head said:

charred fat is different to me and it is just a flavorful accent.

I agree. When I make my NY Strips inside, I will trim a strip of the fat and fry it so that it's crispy. Absolutely delicious!