• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

New to This Diet and have Questions

It’s hard to say what you May encounter seeing as how we are all different and this affects us all differently.
I experienced diarrhea for 30 days and then constipation. I think I’ve got that part of it worked out now.
I had a little bit of oxalate dumping in the form of a rash that cropped up several times but it wasn’t a big deal. I had some fatigue for awhile. My cravings weren’t too bad simply because my mindset was one of commitment and of not being willing to fail.
Some people experience joint pain, prolonged fatigue, headaches, nausea, pretty much any kind of withdrawal symptoms that any addict goes through.
Just stay with a high fat, moderate protein diet. Use salt and drink water and know that it will all pass and you’ll be feeling good in no time.
Just because some go through this stuff doesn’t mean you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am pretty new as well, maybe 80 days without looking at a calendar.

I didn't come here or read any directions the first few weeks. I went with the 'just eat meat' approach. 

I had stools from loose to all-out diarrhea for the first few weeks. I had a lull in energy around the second week or so. (First week of 'just meats' I had 6-8 Mountain Dews left and a couple small ice cream cups left so I didn't waste them). About three to four weeks in I started reading and trying to learn and found out I had missed the boat on electrolyte needs. 

I tried several of the pre-made drink mixes, even made some homemade mixes none tasted all that good to me. I the used the electrolyte mix to salt my food to taste. Once that got back in order the energy not only returned, but much more than I had previously. 

Like Geezy said, everyone is different and thus the results and challenges are seldom the same. I lost 30 pounds in 31-32 days. That is a great lead-in, great sales pitch, but it fails to mention that I had hundred pounds in which to choose. No expert by any means, but the huge, really quick awesome results seem to happen to people further down the line from "healthy" (relative term and changes with the individual). I found I no longer needed pain/anti-inflammation medicine for an auto-immune disease. I have now lost 49lbs since May 8th. So far, I have seen only positives. 

When discussing the diet, or the lifestyle change, I am in no place to give advice but I will say just give it an honest try for a couple weeks and then stretch it to a month and then decide for yourself. 

Tons of information thru conversation in this forum. I'm more of a fan of someone's personal experience than a big pharma sponsored double-blind study from some far away research lab. If that makes any sense at all.

Welcome and best of luck.

Scott

At this point I will take some diarrhea... one week down I am noticing I am no as hungry and no longer craving the sweets.. I have high hopes for This diet actually allowing me to loose the weight and surprising my doctor in my blood work!!  Appreciate Everyone in this group!!!

2 hours ago, Mike said:

one week down I am noticing I am no as hungry and no longer craving the sweets

That's definitely one of the reasons why this diet works so well. The food is satiating. It's easy to not snack, and hold off from meal to meal. This gives your body time to actually metabolize some of it's own fat. 

Welcome to carnivore talk, Mike.

Did you change your diet overnight to a carnivorous one? 

Professor bart kay usually says that is what causes most of the gut issues as your microbiome needs time to adjust.

Your sleep issues could be related to that as well.

I didn't have sleep issues but I found magnesium citrate to help with improving my sleep in the beginning. Purely n=1 though.

Keep going soldier, if you can manage to stay on this path it'll be the single biggest thing you can do for your health and longevity. 

Currently working on the carnivore club blog.