• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

What's your Dr's thoughts 🤔

I've seen many different Dr's for anything from heart, edema to chronic back pain and numbness from the knees to my feet.  

Not 1 dr was able to help me with these issues like carnivore has.

Dr's office calls, new patient enrollment have skyrocketed allegedly due to Dr's never stop learning about medical problems. 

I mentioned to my wife's dr about ketosis and she said that I need carbs and ketosis is bad.

I asked wife's cardiologist their thoughts on meat only diet he said a person needs fiber for nutrition. 

I am going to ask my cardiologist is vegan or vegetarian better since I can't decide .

I'll drop the bomb after he sees my labs and gives me a stupid answer. 

My Primary is totally on board with my lifestyle change which surprised me. 

Vegan and vegetarian is not chastised like carnivore is.

Please let us know if you have encountered similar roadblocks and how to EDUCATE someone who refuses to listen to a layman?

Edited by Meathead
Added paragraph

The majority of them are ignorant and it’s not really their fault. They never studied nutrition in school and never read the studies cover to cover just the title and the conclusion.
I waited until my doctors were astonished and flabbergasted by the results and healing I received in less that one year and then I told them what had done to get there.
It’s funny how they look at the results but deny the truth.
My primary care doc loves what I’ve done but wants me on a statin and won’t listen to reason. We wants me to eat lean meats and doesn’t understand the human physiology and how fat works in the body. This is the same doctor that told me I was going to die because I refused to wear a mask and get “the jab”.
He just don’t get it even when the proof is staring him in the face.
My gastroenterologist, who was treating my Crohn’s disease with a high carb and high fiber diet, was killing me but when I when to him after eating strict carnivore for thirty days and told him I was cured because I did the exact opposite of what he told me to do he just said with a very huffy attitude “Well I’m glad you found something that works for you. You obviously don’t need me anymore.” Lol! I actually laughed and said “I guess you’re right” and we parted ways.
My cardiologist has totally fallen in love with what I’ve done. He is convinced that I’m on the right path and praises what I’ve accomplished. He has slowly reduced all of my heart medication over a years period and finally took me off of the last of it and said “You’ve done more to heal yourself than anything I could have done for you and if you are still doing this good in six months I’m going to drop you as a patient.
So it all depends on your doctors. Some are willing to look at things with an open mind and see the truth and others refuse to let go of their pride and look at the possibilities that they may be wrong and learn something from it.
The only thing I advise is to be honest with them. It is constantly said that there have been no studies proving that carnivore works but I say we are the studies.
Our doctors document every visit and if we are honest with them then our progress is being documented and tracked and some day all of this information may come to light and vindicate us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had one appointment since starting. My regular family doctor was out and the new doctor filled in for my appointment. 

She was super supportive. It seemed like I did most of the talking and she seemed really interested. She told me she was not completely familiar with the diet but she would be well versed on the next appointment. She also said that she was not a doctor who thought everything needed a pill. She was impressed with my results and even asked if she could add a couple more things to my next set of labs to help her understand. I went in expecting a lecture on how this approach is a horrible idea. To my surprise, she said people having been curing, as well as creating disease, with food since the dawn of time. I told my wife this doctor is going to be my new doctor.

My first was very positive. My next appointment is with my neurologist in November. We will see.

Scott

On 9/5/2024 at 3:41 PM, Meathead said:

So labs haven't been looked at by cardiologist but my LPA was 11.

Is this good bad or am I screwed?

Any insight appreciated. 

Sounds like you're just fine....

The lipoprotein (a) normal range is less than 30 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) of blood.

Abnormal results are:

• Borderline risk (14 to 30 mg/dL).
  • High risk (greater than 31 to less than 50 mg/dL).
  • Highest risk (higher than 50 mg/dL).