• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6, NASB)

I watched a segment on the news where a school district removed a soft drink machine from a high school, and it was an all-out revolt. Parents included.

As I watched I thought how crazy to argue this point and then my first stop was the convenience store to get a Mountain Dew and a Little Debbie cake (probably two).

Luckily for me, my son has never been a sweets nor soda kid. He didn't have his first soft drink til he was 15 and really didn't like it. My mother-in-law was his day care and she didn't have soft drinks in her house. She had barely sweet tea only on Sundays. It was water for everyone any other time. From being on water as a kid he didn't develop that 'sweet tooth'. He is 28 now and hardly, if ever, drinks soft drinks or eats a dessert. 

Me on the other hand, I did his share and mine for a lot of years. 

Great scripture.

Scott

My daughter got watered down juicey juice, because I was on WIC. I cut it 50/50 and eventually stopped getting it altogether. Even as a clueless 20-something I thought half of WIC food was absolute garbage. 

This current child gets milk and water. He does have a sweet tooth though.

Lately I have been having him pick between a zero carb breakfast or wait until lunch. I explained the randle cycle to him just yesterday.