• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

This morning I ate three ribs left from last night.

I'm not sure if the pig seen it coming and tensed up or if he was a hundred years old. They were tough as all get out. I slow cooked them and the rack I fixed with the sugar/brown sugar rub were super tender. The rack I fixed for me was first cousins with shoe leather.

Tonight, it will be rib eyes.

Scott

Tonight, I made another tomahawk/cowboy ribeye. This one clocked in at 3.25 pounds and fed my wife, myself, and this girl that comes over and hangs out with my kids and has a gluten intolerance - so she couldn't partake in the pizza that the rest of the friend group went to get.

It was about 3" thick and took an hour to cook on the grill. I made it medium-well to appeal to my wife, and that dang thing kept cooking even after removing it and slicing it up for everyone. That was the only downside. I prefer a medium steak myself.

The rack I fixed for me was first cousins with shoe leather.

That’s odd. I’d be curious to know how you cook yours.
Oi only season mine with salt and white pepper but I use the 3-2-1 method and they are always tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my wife cooked up some salmon yesterday and today I had a hankering for a salmon omelet and since I’ve gotten over my dairy cravings I thought I’d splurge and have me some cheese in my salmon omelet. I would normally use cream cheese in this type of omelet but I didn’t have any so I used mozzarella.
4f75fff1a048b6444d7615ff907ef3aa.jpg

Namaste. 

Starting my fourth carnivore month today. So pleased. Thank you to everyone in this community for your support, hearing me and being a place of accountability. 

Yesterday I did eat butter in the evening. The picture of the steak that I posted was bought from a restaurant and cooked in it. 

I went to the same restaurant today and had a rib cap also cooked in butter. I had a lot of crispy, yummy bacon too. 

My plan is to only eat ruminant meat for the next month. 

Nourish and flourish!

2 hours ago, louis said:

Namaste. 

Starting my fourth carnivore month today. So pleased. Thank you to everyone in this community for your support, hearing me and being a place of accountability. 

Yesterday I did eat butter in the evening. The picture of the steak that I posted was bought from a restaurant and cooked in it. 

I went to the same restaurant today and had a rib cap also cooked in butter. I had a lot of crispy, yummy bacon too. 

Nourish and flourish!

I also ate a large chunk of beef fat this morning. 

14 hours ago, louis said:

Namaste. 

Nourish and flourish!

Namaste. 

my plan is to stick to eating at home for a while. 

the restaurant meat which I have eaten over the past couple of days was tasty, particularly the bacon. with it there is inflammation. my feet are almost hanging over the soles of my sandals! 

here's to good health! 

Namaste. 
my plan is to stick to eating at home for a while. 
the restaurant meat which I have eaten over the past couple of days was tasty, particularly the bacon. with it there is inflammation. my feet are almost hanging over the soles of my sandals! 
here's to good health! 

It’s possible that the meats were cooked in seed oils.

Chuck steak and four eggs with extra butter. And a couple cups of green tea afterwards. 
I was thinking, I remember thinking that green tea was the most tasteless tea there was and why would anyone drink that stuff. Since drinking it for the last few months, I actually look forward to it. 

One thing I noticed after becoming carnivore was how my taste improved.

Venison chicken fried steak pafflewich.
a904f663d1984f0795e87dd2c7571a33.jpg
Of course that wasn’t enough so I had some chicken salad with pork rinds.
0c330a0d7135c305c937b4bed7249edf.jpg
While I was eating all of that I had three venison roasts in the instant pot cooking so tomorrow I’ll be eating some venison stew.
7cae6f85b897bc111425d9c382e81722.jpg

On 6/24/2024 at 5:01 AM, louis said:

My plan is to only eat ruminant meat for the next month

I wanna do another 30 days of lion diet (ruminant meat only). But I might wait until September.

Namaste

So in my last posts I was saying that I plan to eat ruminant meats only and at home rather than restaurants. 

Well, I was feeling all cozy the following evening, in a familiar feeling of the addict and decided to order a load of bacon from the restaurant. I was going to post on here before doing so and the addict said, 'don't do that, then you won't order'. So I listened and did as I was told! DOH! 

I was so sick afterwards. Truly. I won't be doing that again. 

I fasted yesterday and plan to keep on fasting. Give my gut the true rest that it needs. 

Here's to accountability, meat and all of you.

Have a great day or evening. Whatever it is when you are reading this.

Take care 

This morning was scrambled eggs and sausage. I skipped lunch and went I got home I snacked on some beef sticks and a couple slices of cheese. 

I'll have an official dinner later on. It might be a late one. Thursdays usually are.

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

This morning was scrambled eggs and sausage.

What I need is a list of carnivore approved pre-packaged meals/foods that I can just buy & heat up...cuz nobody in my house is waking up early enough to do that for breakfast.  :lol1:😅  😭

Though I do suppose I could fix a BIG batch of scrambled eggs & then freeze some & refrigerate some.  🤔

3 hours ago, computerwiz said:

What I need is a list of carnivore approved pre-packaged meals/foods that I can just buy & heat up...cuz nobody in my house is waking up early enough to do that for breakfast.  :lol1:😅  😭

Though I do suppose I could fix a BIG batch of scrambled eggs & then freeze some & refrigerate some.  🤔

Scrambled eggs are quick, melt butter, pour in beaten eggs on medium heat, done.

I buy Jones precooked sausage patties, they are thin and heat up on skillet quickly. Lately I have been buying chuck roasts and disecting them like Laura Spath showed in a video. I get two chuck eyes out of it and I chunk up the rest and brown in butter. It doesn't take long if you cut it in bite size pieces. So when I get hungry I just melt butter in cast iron and throw the chunks in to brown the outside. I just got some chomp beef sticks at Wally world today. They taste like slim Jim's did back in the eighties. Minus the spiciness.

12 hours ago, computerwiz said:

When I need food in a pinch, I got frozen burgers, then I put them on the foreman grill, 5 minutes or so later, I eat beef. I do add butter though since those grills dry them out. No fancy meal but good fuel.