• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Made a batch of carnivore pancakes with venison breakfast sausage in the batter.
f6ce8d15bc0132885a5b1f42dbcf2ff8.jpg
That wasn’t enough so I had a chicken breast drowned in butter and salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Bob said:

It's Memorial Day weekend here in the USA, and Meijer has NY Strips on sale for $8.99/lb. They offer thin cut, regular cut, and thick cut. Check out this thick striploin I got. It was delicious, albeit a bit difficult to cook. Took longer than normal. 

20240521_195326.jpg20240521_195335.jpg20240521_195305.jpg

Beautiful! 

Made 'carnivore ice cream' yesterday - just cream and egg yolk. It's rock hard, but tastes nice.... mind you, not something I'd want to get used to.

I've ditched the Kefir and am keeping my dairy absolutely minimal now, just cream in coffee once or twice a day and a piece of cheese here and there. Life is good like this. Weight is stable, which I'm ok with - I trust there's healing happening. 

4 hours ago, SusanneUK said:

Made 'carnivore ice cream' yesterday - just cream and egg yolk. It's rock hard, but tastes nice.... mind you, not something I'd want to get used to.

I got a Ninja Creami Deluxe a few days ago and gave it a test run. I used heavy cream, egg yolks, and a little raw honey. I didn't have any allulose or anything artificial to use. I use vanilla extract in one batch and strawberry extract in the other. 

The vanilla batch turned out fine. The strawberry batch didn't taste like strawberry, but rather like honey, which is not a great ice cream flavor, lol.

But the family seemed to like it because they had most of it, lol.

Day 60 - Wahey!!!!!

Later in the day after posting yesterday I ate a few pieces of raw buffalo meat. 

Today I ate a concoction of buffalo meat, organs, bone marrow, fat and salt. Some of it was raw and some cooked.

Namaste 

5 minutes ago, louis said:

Today I ate a concoction of buffalo meat, organs, bone marrow, fat and salt. Some of it was raw and some cooked.

I will say you are eating more raw meat and organs than anyone I know, I think. Is this common in your culture? Or does this just happen to be what you personally find enjoyable?

I ate some American cheese yesterday and paid for it...and am still paying for it. It's amazing when you eliminate something, your body is so glad that when you add it back it screams: no dummy! I had burger patties, steak and hard boiled eggs. Today I made jello with orange flavored seltzer and vanilla with electrolytes. I am excited to find out how it will be.

Eggs and precooked Jimmy Dean sausage patties for breakfast. They're just so tasty and convenient, lol. 

For dinner I had a "pizza bowl" from a local pizza place. The wife didn't want ground beef again and she was buying, lol. It was all meat and cheese besides the pizza sauce.

Yesterday I impulse purchased prepackaged "sweet Lebanese bologna" it looked like salami. It tastes like teriyaki jerky. I won't be getting it again two slices has 7 grams of carbs if that tells you anything. It is definitely feeding the sugar seeking lizard brain. The jello made with orange essence seltzer and vanilla is also contributing to some sugar seeking. I am going to have to save it for an occasional treat.

Lamb fajitas minus the grilled onions and peppers. Instead of brushing the Egglife wraps with butter and then toasting them in the skillet I brushed them with lamb fat left over from cooking the lamb skirt steak.
180c868f2a030b223daa5711913cddad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/24/2024 at 6:13 PM, Bob said:

I will say you are eating more raw meat and organs than anyone I know, I think. Is this common in your culture? Or does this just happen to be what you personally find enjoyable?

Hi Bob

There are so many reasons for my eating this way!!!

Where I am currently living they do sell every part of a buffalo apart from a pancreas unless requested. 

I have learnt that organs are rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals which is what my body is craving right now. 

Any thoughts about eating this way? Would love to hear. 

Warm wishes.

Namaste

Edited by louis

9 hours ago, louis said:

I have learnt that organs are rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals

This is true. Organ meats are nutritional powerhouses. Liver is often cited as being "natures multivitamin".

9 hours ago, louis said:

Any thoughts about eating this way? Would love to hear. 

I've heard you can overdo it. For example, too much liver can result in vitamin A toxicity or copper toxicity, but I think you have to be eating a lot of it all the time. And it depends on what animal also. Beef and chicken livers are fine in moderation, but a Polar Bear liver could kill you with just one meal. 

But I am glad to hear that you are doing so well with your carnivore eating choices.