• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 7/8/2024 at 4:33 PM, Bob said:

Forgive me Atkins for I hath sinned, lol. 

I had a beer yesterday. 

And the night before I went to the Kent Heritage Festival here in Kent, Ohio and I saw a gyro vendor. I explained my diet to them and they agreed to give me a plate of extra meat (for an extra price) with no pita bread. I still had the tzatziki sauce and a few diced tomatoes on it. 

I believe gyro loaf, even the big log that rotates on a spit, actually has some breading in it. Between the gyro Saturday and the can of beer Sunday, I am up from 177 to 180. 

Whenever I see 180 this is what goes on in my head, lol....

flashing lights cops GIF

Your sins are forgiven. I've had Gyros in the Kent area, also a festival, maybe the same, some 10 years back or so? That was good Gyros and I've been to Greece.

Your sins are forgiven. I've had Gyros in the Kent area, also a festival, maybe the same, some 10 years back or so? That was good Gyros and I've been to Greece.

I spent some time working in Athens. Gyros were a staple of my diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 medium rare beef steaks drowned in grass fed Irish butter we some Celtic sea salt sprinked on top with some steak seasoning (pepper, coriander and a few other things).

Threw some rosemary in towards the end of cooking

image.png.964fa997923ba8bc6c8ad3f3eef43d48.png

Edited by Nowler

Been sort of boring the last few days. I cooked leg quarters and pork chops on the grill the other night. From then it has mostly been leftovers.

My son is doing a prime rib roast today so when I get off work there should be a 'honkin' slab' waiting for me.

Scott

One 1/4# burger patty. Some American cheese. Plus two breakfast sausage pucks. That was lunch.

Dinner was 3 1/4 pounders with American cheese, Dill pickle relish, stone ground Dijon. Garden cukes. And because I was dishing it out...

Spoiler

About 1/8 cup of orange & cream ice cream. Basically as much as a soup spoon will hold without making a total mess. 

I had 6 quarter inch thick slices of smoked pork belly and four eggs.  Just smoked, no brine or seasonings. 

And a cup of regular coffee. Have since dipped into the bag of coffee beans that I've had since before I went caffeine free.  Can't bear to think they'll go to waste. Haven't really noticed any difference much. Maybe because I don't make it very strong.  

2 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

I had 6 quarter inch thick slices of smoked pork belly and four eggs.  Just smoked, no brine or seasonings. 

And a cup of regular coffee. Have since dipped into the bag of coffee beans that I've had since before I went caffeine free.  Can't bear to think they'll go to waste. Haven't really noticed any difference much. Maybe because I don't make it very strong.  

The thing I noticed about adding regular coffee is that my muscles in my thighs ache. They feel tight and sore for no reason.  I used to be oversensitive to light pressure and would perceive it as painful, but that has gone away for me since switching to decaf.

Started out with 4 oz leftover steak. Some cheese.

Tinned fish

Dinner was pork butt "ribs" a small steak, cucumber and watermelon.  So tempted to dip into those 

Spoiler

Graham crackers 

right now, but I got busy doing somethings to distract me. This is one of them. Time to fold more laundry in the cool basement. It's hot 🔥 here in the house. 

Mozzarella cheese slices in the daytime.  Ground beef with melted mozzarella for dinner, and organic whole milk plain Greek yogurt, with raw green stevia, a bit later. Have been buying the Country Natural Beef Butchers Blend beef patties from Whole foods.  So good!! 

Been outta pocket here lately. Just too much going on but I did manage to wolf down a ribeye yesterday and just pulled a roast chicken out of the oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/15/2024 at 7:38 PM, Miranda said:

So tempted to dip into those (unmentionables)... but I got busy doing somethings to distract me.

Do not give in. Do not give up! 😄

Last night I had friend bologna sandwhiches on Egg Life wraps with some Primal Kitchen mayo and a few banana peppers - which to me, count as a seasoning 🙂

5 hours ago, Bob said:

Do not give in. Do not give up! 😄

Last night I had friend bologna sandwhiches on Egg Life wraps with some Primal Kitchen mayo and a few banana peppers - which to me, count as a seasoning 🙂

They got me last night. My husband brought home beer and it's so hot here. So I had one or two of those. And then judgement and self-control are out the window and another half sleeve of GC are missing. 

Don't beat yourself up too badly, Miranda. I don't know what GC is. I do know not all is lost.

I still haven't quit nuts, but I did quit all dairy today.  Was causing a lot of bloating, and digestive stagnation.

Alcohol temptation would never be a problem for me, as I had to give it up about 36 years ago, due to severe alcoholism. I have a liver issue, and it would literally kill me to drink again. 

5 hours ago, Laura said:

Don't beat yourself up too badly, Miranda. I don't know what GC is. I do know not all is lost.

I still haven't quit nuts, but I did quit all dairy today.  Was causing a lot of bloating, and digestive stagnation.

Alcohol temptation would never be a problem for me, as I had to give it up about 36 years ago, due to severe alcoholism. I have a liver issue, and it would literally kill me to drink again. 

GC are graham crackers. I did get  punishment the next morning with a bout of IBS, I don't know if it was the beer or the leftover meat I had at lunch. It had been in the fridge for several days. I will be declining any future dos equis. 

I decided to start tracking my macros midway through the day yesterday. I am curious to know how much protein I am getting because I have been feeling low energy lately and watched a Lillie Kane video recommendation to track for a week to gauge it. Didn't get enough protein today. Need more beef.

Screenshot_20240718-060518.png

Screenshot_20240718-060450.png