• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

How do you like your steak?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which degree of doneness makes for the perfect steak, in your opinion?

• Blue Rare
    • Rare
    • Medium Rare
    • Medium
    • Medium Well
    • Well Done

So if you are on true keto, Ketovore, or Carnivore diet, beef is probably your staple food, and steak is probably your preference. There are various degrees of steak doneness. Which one of these is the perfect steak for you?

howDoYouLikeYourSteak.jpg

I prefer my steak "medium" - a little pink in the middle. 

I used to eat mine well done when I was younger but found the meat has more flavor slightly less done. I can tolerate medium leaning towards medium rare but not a truly medium rare.

My FIL will not eat meat that is not well, well, well done. He wants his steak dark brown all the way through, or he says it is raw and refuses to eat it.

On 9/10/2023 at 7:50 PM, Qapla said:

I can tolerate medium leaning towards medium rare but not a truly medium rare.

Same here. I've eaten medium rare but I feel funny about it. Maybe it's a mental thing, but I prefer medium for sure. Medium well will start to disappoint.

On 9/10/2023 at 7:50 PM, Qapla said:

My FIL will not eat meat that is not well, well, well done.

Ugh! I can still eat a well done steak, but I won't be enjoying. I will be eating it because I paid for it and don't want it going to waste, lol.

This is also the one situation where I might actually have to call on the power of steak sauce to mask the fact that it was overcooked 😄

• 5 weeks later...