• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Once again, this recipe has non carnivore ingredients so adjust as necessary.

Recipe

Liverwurst

INGREDIENTS

• 1 pound fresh pork belly
• 1 pound calf liver alternatively beef liver
• 4 oz. bacon
• 6 cups water
• 4 bay leaves
• 7 whole allspice
• 1 large white onion
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 small red onion
• 1 tsp. salt
• ¼ tsp. white pepper
• 1 pinch ground allspice
• ¼ tsp. nutmeg
• 1 tsp. marjoram
• ½ tsp. thyme
INSTRUCTIONS

• Cut the white onion into quarters.

• Pour the water into a large pot and add the onion quarters, bay leaves, and allspice.

• Bring to simmer and add the pork belly. Cook on medium heat for about 1 hour.

• Rinse the liver under cold water and add it to the pork belly during the last 10 minutes of the cooking time.

• In the meantime, finely dice the onion, garlic, and bacon, fry until translucent, and add to the blender.

• Remove the liver and pork belly from the pot and reserve 1-2 cups of the cooking liquid. Cut the liver and pork belly into bite-sized pieces and place them in the blender. 

• Add salt, pepper, ground allspice, nutmeg, marjoram, thyme and ¾ cup of the cooking liquid to the blender and mix to a chunky, smooth texture. Add more liquid and blend longer if you prefer a smoother, softer texture

• Fill into sterilized glasses or wrap in cellophane. You can store these as is for up to a week in the fridge.

• If you want to keep the liver sausage for up to a year, cook the jars. The amount of time it takes to preserve the liverwurst depends on the size of the jar. It takes about 2 hours at 212° F for half-pint jars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
imma give this ago. missed it so much at least 10 years  without it

Good deal. Yeah I love liverwurst and my recipe isn’t exactly carnivore clean but it’s delicious and doesn’t seem to bother me physically so I indulge but sparingly.

I have made this with calf, beef, bison, lamb and venison liver. They’ve all been great.

yeah some people wanna cry about an ingredient or two being off. as long as we are out of the standard American diet we all are better off.

Agreed. I’ve been criticized for not being a carnivore because I’ll eat some dairy now and then or use spices occasionally but I’m not a purist nor a nazi. Eating something that is not meat occasionally as long as it doesn’t bother you and as long as it’s not an everyday thing does not hurt anything.