• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

The dose makes the poison. For me anyway. I had been trying to scale back and use it sparingly for the past week or so. But I purchased HWC for Easter desserts for the family. I added it to my decaf yesterday and it causes me to drink more decaf than normal. Like I usually have about 12oz sometimes just black, but yesterday I drank close to a quart of creamy decaf Now I am gassy and having to spend extra time in the bathroom 🥴 

The dose makes the poison. For me anyway. I had been trying to scale back and use it sparingly for the past week or so. But I purchased HWC for Easter desserts for the family. I added it to my decaf yesterday and it causes me to drink more decaf than normal. Like I usually have about 12oz sometimes just black, but yesterday I drank close to a quart of creamy decaf Now I am gassy and having to spend extra time in the bathroom  

Sounds like you are intolerant to dairy, which of course I’m sure you already suspect.
Since carnivore is an elimination diet you now know that this is something that you should eliminate. I like dairy and it doesn’t bother me except I have to be careful with it because I will tend to overindulge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/31/2024 at 9:39 AM, Miranda said:

I drank close to a quart of creamy decaf Now I am gassy and having to spend extra time in the bathroom

Have you had the same reaction to milk in the past? There is some lactose and carbs in heavy whipping cream. Not as much as milk. Those who are lactose intolerant and cannot drink milk can sometimes tolerate some HWC, but it should still be avoided if you are severely lactose intolerant.

In the past, if I overindulged in ice cream, I would experience the same bloated gassy and track-n-field sprint to the bathroom too.

Whc tends to elicit frequent peanut butter poops. Not super urgent, just messy. It happens every time I use it. On a side note I am working toward weaning off coffees and teas as I am getting freaked out over the micro plastics everywhere. I ordered some loose yerba mate . I am going to cold brew it in glass.