• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Greetings from N.W. Arizona

Hi everyone. My name is Susyn, I'm 55, and I'm hoping this group is my new home? I have tried many other groups, but I never felt like I belonged. I just started a tiny youtube channel just to keep me motivated. My journey is a little different, I'm not on any medications, I'm only about 15 pounds overweight, and I have no real health issues. I just want to stay that way, and hopefully improve my minor issues as I age. I'm very boring, I don't drink alcohol (or coffee), do any drugs, or smoke. I've never been interested in any of those things. I've been working out since I was 12, only taking time off when I was injured, or after a surgery. I was anorexic as a teen, and became a compulsive eater after my mom died when I was 21. I've gained and lost the same 40 pounds multiple times over the years. Been on every diet from Cambridge liquid diet in the 80s, calorie restriction, phen-fen, etc. I don't want to diet anymore. I just want to be healthy. My issue is that I dislike meat, always have. (It was easy for me to be vegan 20 years ago-that lasted 2 years) I've been Carnivore since July 8th. So far my eyesight (far and near) has improved, my panic attacks have gone, my skin is better, my occasional ocular migraines have ceased, and my tinnitus has all but disappeared. I see the benefits, but I still struggle. Sorry for the length of this, I didn't know what to leave out. Have a great day!

I enjoyed reading your story. What types of videos are you making so far? I am 51, I struggle with cohabitation with carboholics. I know it partly my fault as I am the homemaker, but I know there would be a riot if I tried to serve them steak, burger patties and omelettes.

Hi Miranda! I just have shorts on my channel so far, my longest is just over a minute. It's public.  @Susyn_C137. I have a whole 6 followers 😆 I'm a homemaker as well; no kids, just dogs. I was the one reluctant to go Carnivore, my husband has been Carnivore for about a year (minus my bad influence a few times). He's an OTR flatbed driver, so he's gone 320+ days a year. Nice to "meat" you! 

Welcome. 

I will check out your youtube in a few. Maybe I will be #7 or #8. LOL

I have NMOSD, overweight by a ton and had chosen a trash eating lifestyle for what seems like always. Congrats on making better decisions than me. LOL

For me, so far, I have bene off pain and anti-inflammatory medicine sine late May/early June. 

I'm a doubter by nature and a 'seeing is believing' type so I was not buying into the Carnivore miracle cures. I'm starting to drink the kool-aid. 

Welcome.

Scott

Hi Miranda! I just have shorts on my channel so far, my longest is just over a minute. It's public.  @Susyn_C137. I have a whole 6 followers 😆 I'm a homemaker as well; no kids, just dogs. I was the one reluctant to go Carnivore, my husband has been Carnivore for about a year (minus my bad influence a few times). He's an OTR flatbed driver, so he's gone 320+ days a year. Nice to "meat" you! 

Welcome Susyn. We are glad you could join us.
We are here to support you and help you any way we can. All you have to do is reach out. You’ve got friends here.
And at least on more subscriber .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, Susyn!

So glad you joined.  I just joined myself.  I've been Keto/Carnivore, since 2018,and have tried many variations of the diets.  Now I'm just eating beef and a few cashews.  It's great that you have no health issues, and are just trying to lose a bit.  It's also great that your husband is Carnivore, and to have each other's support.  I'm sure you will find this is a very caring community.  Will check out your YouTube channel. 

I

On 7/25/2024 at 10:29 AM, Susyn C_137 said:

My issue is that I dislike meat, always have. (It was easy for me to be vegan 20 years ago-that lasted 2 years) I've been Carnivore since July 8th. So far my eyesight (far and near) has improved, my panic attacks have gone, my skin is better, my occasional ocular migraines have ceased, and my tinnitus has all but disappeared. I see the benefits, but I still struggle.

Keep up the fine fight, even when the struggle is real. The clearly visible benefits demonstrate that you are on the right path. 

I would maybe, at the present time, look at seasonings and garnishes that help make the meat more palatable. Since you have no real health issues, you probably don't have to be super strict. You can be "carnivore-centric" and still reap the benefits if you're not particularly sensitive to certain things.