• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I ate some egg yolks today cooked in ghee which were delicious. 

I also drank some Japanese tea earlier on. I later found out that it is made from roasted barley. Argh. I am thinking that it is best to avoid that in the future owing to it being a grain and to drink water only. Also, that I have to ask questions about ingredients before eating or drinking anything! 

Edited by louis
Mistake

I ate some egg yolks today cooked in ghee which were delicious. 
I also drank some Japanese tea earlier on. I later found out that it is made from roasted barley. Argh. I am thinking that it is best to avoid that in the future owing to it being a grain and to drink water only. Also, that I have to ask questions about ingredients before eating or drinking anything! 

I learned early on to really scrutinize those food labels. It’s obscene what the food manufacturers will put in the food. I see a lot of carnivores that are eating processed foods but not reading the labels and then wondering why they aren’t seeing the same results as others.
There aught to be a law against the poisoning of the foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, louis said:

I also drank some Japanese tea earlier on. I later found out that it is made from roasted barley.

Interesting. I still do black tea and green tea, but these are not made from grains. 

So yesterday for breakfast I didn't have time to cook so I went through the Wendy's drive thru and got 3 sides of egg, 3 sides of sausage, and 3 sides of bacon. Less than $10 and still on plan 😉

For dinner, I had a beef kebob, a lamb kebob, and some giant sea scallops. I was actually impressed with the lamb meat and definitely want to add more of that to my diet.

Went to a free luncheon seminar today so I was a little concerned about what the food choices might be because it was at a Mexican restaurant. Well I picked up the lunch menu and thought, welp, looks like I’m fasting today but when the server arrive she said we could order anything off the regular menu as well. Cool breeze man! So me and the wife split the big fajita trio of beef, chicken and shrimp. Of course all I ate was the meat while my wife ate her half of the meat as well as the guacamole and the grilled onions.
Got home and got a bunch of work done around the place and then finished of the day with a bowl of venison stew.

On 3/20/2024 at 6:00 PM, Geezy said:

I learned early on to really scrutinize those food labels. It’s obscene what the food manufacturers will put in the food. I see a lot of carnivores that are eating processed foods but not reading the labels and then wondering why they aren’t seeing the same results as others.
There aught to be a law against the poisoning of the foods.

Ok. So today I went off plan. 

Yesterday I ate buffalo burgers and eggs only and I honestly felt horrible this morning. My mind was beating me up and I let it. 

I am not proud of what I ate today. 

I am highly aware of my compulsion too.

I have to be accountable and tell someone.

I am grateful that you guys hear me and I have this space. I thank you. 

So today I felt emotional this morning. Mind was beating me up. Getting out of bed was tricky. 

I came back from yoga and meditation, gave in and ordered some nut, date ball things as well as some cocoa date balls mixed with an oat mixture.  I know that I do not want these 'vegan sweets' and I know what they do to me yet I ate a lot of them. Would cream have been better? Who knows? It is all just addiction and stuffing my feelings.

I know that I only want to eat meat. I felt sorry for myself. My body is hurting, my mind is dictating and I gave in. 

Why is all of that? Yes habit, yes other things and also because I am eating poisons. 

So I start again right here, right now. 

My aim is to get into a cold, cold shower in the future when I am having these cravings. Start to log what I am eating and doing a whole lot more.

I can do this. I am doing this.  

Namaste

2 hours ago, louis said:

My body is hurting

Do you mean that you are having negative reactions to eating off plan? If so, that is a good motivator not to eat those particular foods ever again. 

2 hours ago, louis said:

So I start again right here, right now. 

My aim is to get into a cold, cold shower in the future when I am having these cravings. Start to log what I am eating and doing a whole lot more.

I can do this. I am doing this.

That's the spirit. If you stumble, get right back up. And I mean the very next meal. Never think that since you blew one meal, that you can continue throwing off the rest of your day and "start tomorrow". You start again, right here, right now, just like you said. 

I don't have cravings anymore. But when I did, I would just eat/snack on something that was on plan. 

On 3/20/2024 at 9:31 PM, Geezy said:

I was a little concerned about what the food choices might be because it was at a Mexican restaurant.

Yeah, it's a struggle at Mexican Restaurants. Usually that's a moment when I just dip my toes back into ketovore for that particular meal. I try to avoid Mexican at all costs now but the wife and kids want to go there every so often.

6 hours ago, louis said:

Yesterday I ate buffalo burgers and eggs only and I honestly felt horrible this morning. My mind was beating me up and I let it. 

If I remember correctly you are still new to this way of eating. It can take some time for our bodies to adjust.  I’m 318 days as a carnivore and I still have times when I have no energy. It took years to wreck this body of mine and it may take years to fix it but the improvements I’ve experienced so far have proven to me that I will never eat any other way. 

I’m proud of you that you realize the root cause of your mistakes.  You can’t fix it if you don’t know what the problem is.  
Now forget the mistake and remember the lesson. 

Started my day with an Omelette stuffed with roast beef and pepper jack cheese with salt and seasonings. Sam's Club was selling cans of pre-cooked roast beef, a canned meat I have NEVER seen before, so I thought I would give it a try. Pretty bland out of the can which is why I had to bust out the seasonings. It was also too lean, so I had to fatten it up with butter and cheese. But in the end I produced something that tasted very good.

Yesterday was 3 eggs and sausage in the morning. We bought this 2 pound pork sausage roll at Sam's. I crumbled half of it and stored it for later and made patties with the rest.

For dinner I did the triple Baconator, plain, no bun from Wendy's because I was pressed for time.

Went to McD's and got a bacon cheeseburger, sans bun, with water to drink. I cheated and got small fries too.

For supper, two lamb loin chops and some sauerkraut.

My goals are to get my A1C under pre-diabetes, and to help my diverticulitis problems.

Edited by Erik

My goals are to get my A1C under pre-diabetes, and to help my diverticulitis problems.

Well you ain’t gonna get it done eating french fries. Especially when they’re fried in seed oils. Now stop it! Shame on you Erik.

Never did just eat a proper meal today. Ate half of a leftover bison ribeye while cooked up a bunch of meat for the week and just nibbled here and there.
Fried up a pound of my homemade bacon and probably ate seven slices of it and put some cream cheese on some of them. Then I pan seared some lamb steak and then put them in the instant pot with some bone broth and pressure cooked them for 30 minutes. I’ll eat on those tomorrow maybe.
Then I fried some lamb burgers and ate one of those with butter.
After cooking I salted a rack of lamb ribs and put them in the fridge to dry brine overnight and I’ll smoke them tomorrow sometime. I’ve got to go pick up 15 head of calves tomorrow morning for my father in law so I’m not sure if I’ll have time to get those ribs done in time to eat them tomorrow.

On 3/22/2024 at 10:58 PM, Geezy said:

If I remember correctly you are still new to this way of eating. It can take some time for our bodies to adjust.  I’m 318 days as a carnivore and I still have times when I have no energy. It took years to wreck this body of mine and it may take years to fix it but the improvements I’ve experienced so far have proven to me that I will never eat any other way. 

I’m proud of you that you realize the root cause of your mistakes.  You can’t fix it if you don’t know what the problem is.  
Now forget the mistake and remember the lesson. 

Thank you Geezy. 

I went off track again and I am depressed right now and it is horrible. 

I don't know why I do it. I guess I am even addicted to the abuse which comes from eating these vile, poisonous foods.

I know the thoughts that come from eating what I do yet i go back to it. I have to stop. I cannot live like this anymore. I can never get time back. 

I want to listen to me rather than this current sugared up, lactose intolerant mind, the addict and all these horrible thoughts. 

I am fasting and only drinking water today. 

I am much better at doing that in the morning which is the time that I am writing this. 

I have to remember that this is cold turkey.

I want to change mind and when eating all of this ****, I cannot hear the kind, real person that I am. The noise suffocates and bullies me. 

Thank you so much for listening to me. I am really grateful.

I have to do this. My 30 day challenge starts again today, right here, right now. 

Best wishes.

Namaste

Louis, you are welcome and we are always here for you sir.
You are correct. You are an addict, just as we all were.
Addictions control our minds as well as our bodies. We want that next dopamine hit. This is the same for all addictions.
There are two ways to handle this. Either cold turkey, as I did, and just have the discipline to power through it or ease into it a little at a time and wean yourself off of the carbs.
It’s mostly just a mind game. You have to be determined to succeed no matter what. Other than encouragement, nobody can help you do this. It’s up to you. You have to be totally committed to reach your goals. Nobody is coming to save you.
I know you can do this if you really want to. It takes a strong mental attitude and I believe you can find it in yourself to get it done.
Strengthen you mind and resolve by immersing yourself in the carnivore community. Watch videos from carnivore doctors and carnivore influencers. Read articles and studies that support our way of eating.
Forget the mistake and remember the lesson. You got this Louis.

29 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Louis, you are welcome and we are always here for you sir.
You are correct. You are an addict, just as we all were.
Addictions control our minds as well as our bodies. We want that next dopamine hit. This is the same for all addictions.
There are two ways to handle this. Either cold turkey, as I did, and just have the discipline to power through it or ease into it a little at a time and wean yourself off of the carbs.
It’s mostly just a mind game. You have to be determined to succeed no matter what. Other than encouragement, nobody can help you do this. It’s up to you. You have to be totally committed to reach your goals. Nobody is coming to save you.
I know you can do this if you really want to. It takes a strong mental attitude and I believe you can find it in yourself to get it done.
Strengthen you mind and resolve by immersing yourself in the carnivore community. Watch videos from carnivore doctors and carnivore influencers. Read articles and studies that support our way of eating.
Forget the mistake and remember the lesson. You got this Louis.

Thank you so much Geezy. 

I am grateful to you and everyone else in this group. 

I wish I could eat more meat. It is tricky where I am living right now. I can still do this though. Even if I eat mutton kebab every day and some fish. It is just my mind coming up with lots of bs. 

Thank you to you and everyone else, this beautiful group. I am grateful for your support. Truly.

I will and am keeping strong. I am determined to succeed.