• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I had to cook 2 NY strips last night before they went bad. Had one for dinner and then had the 2nd one for lunch today. 

The wife and daughter ordered pizza. She's coming around slowly though, lol.

18 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

I guess I'm a Ketovore today... His wife knows (sorta) that I've on some sorta diet. Fixed a salad. So I had some lettuce and bouta half dozen green olives. Told her I hadn't had a salad this year and I couldn't remember when the last time was.

You'll be fine as long as there were no croutons, lol. I eat a salad once or twice a month. Once when I go out with the guy that works for me for lunch, and then sometimes when the family goes out to dinner and they choose a place where I don't feel like being too much of a pest, lol. 

I wonder who was the first person to eat lettuce or how it even became a thing. It's quite tasteless and boring without slathering some dressing on it.

A brownie size chunk of cold ground beef. One hard boiled egg with Frank's hot sauce, chicken liver,

Bacon. 

I got home from work and snacked on another hard boiled egg, a slice of bacon and the rest of the chicken liver I didn't finish at lunch. I seem to like the chicken liver chilled better than straight out of the pan. I am thinking that I could push through till tomorrow on just that for a light dinner, but I will probably have pork chop when family sits down to dinner. Still no dairy or decaf. I think I will add creamy decaf back on June 1st, but I will reserve it for just an after dinner treat.

4 hours ago, Bob said:

I wonder who was the first person to eat lettuce or how it even became a thing. It's quite tasteless and boring without slathering some dressing on it.

I dunno. I like reading about when different foods first became known about. I've never had watercress, but would suspect it would taste about the same. 

Oh yeah, I had a sausage patty and two eggs for a late lunch today. Then was over at neighbors to furnish a till or their garden plot and they fixed burgers and brats on his pellet grill. And they tried cooking eggs in the shell on the smoker. He succeeded. Tasted like a hard boiled egg but alil smokey. 

🤩Day 51🤩

Started the day with half an uncooked buffalo brain. 

Eaten a lot of buffalo uncooked fatty meat today. Added a wincy bit of heat to some of it. Had a small amount of uncooked liver and fatty heart. 

So last night I added a serving of cultured cottage cheese to my pork chops and this morning my throat was very dry, presumably from excessive snoring, which I guess had abated since elimination of dairy.  

On another note, the pork chops were overcooked and left me feeling hungrier than before I ate them so I had som bacon and jello after.

Yesterday I fasted until noon, but packed 5 scrambled eggs and 6 sausage links. Then for dinner I had 2 1/3-lb wagyu burgers with pepper jack cheese. It was kinda late and I fell asleep shortly after eating so I am actually a bit up on the scale this morning.

Paffle lamb burgers for me.
fd50f741a5f308bcc66762b81e22e3a4.jpg
That was yesterday.
Today I’ll be cooking a couple off lamb steaks over a wood fire. They’ve been dry brining for four days now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my wagyu burger from the other day. That's one full pound.

Today I had taco seasoned beef in egg life wraps with chedder cheese and jalapenos.

20240514_194019.jpg