• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Went off plan slightly today at my sister's for BBQ prime rib.  Had a couple of bites of baked potato with butter, about 4 green beans, and a few mushroom pieces.  The prime rib was the best!  I've removed nuts again, and added back small amounts of mozzarella cheese, and full fat plain Greek yogurt. I need to cut back on food amounts to break this weight loss stall, as well as do more fasting. 

On 8/4/2024 at 8:55 PM, Geezy said:

Bulletproof tea is the same as bulletproof coffee.
One cup hot beverage of your choice. One tablespoon of butter. One tablespoon of MCT oil. Blend in a blender or nutrabullet for 30 seconds.

I’ve quit drinking tea so my morning cup is half a cup of bone broth. Half a cup of water mixed together. Heated to boiling then I add the butter and oil and blend it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started out using some bulletproof mct brain octane that I purchased at Whole Foods, I thought it was weird but worth the try, I like it, it cut my appetite tremendously as well, ran out so now I use a tablespoon of coconut oil and blend away and top it with some heavy cream. 

So on Friday we went out to eat at a restaurant that had something they called "burnt cheese rollovers" that were "Atkin's friendly".

So on Saturday I thought I would try to make a carnivore-friendly version of them at home, and it was suprisingly easy. I had this one pictured below with pepperoni and sausage. And Sunday morning I made one with scrambled eggs and sausage.

They are crazy addictive...

20240810_202856.jpg20240810_203204.jpg20240810_203416.jpg20240810_203540.jpg

Today I had 11 dry roasted cashews, mozzarella cheese, a burger patty with cheese, and a tiny piece of chuck steak.  I'm trying out a local A2 plain whole milk kefir and yogurt, to see if I can tolerate them better, than the regular organic Greek yogurt I've been using. Had some more mushrooms yesterday, and some celery, and realized I don't miss eating plants.  Disturbed my sleep.  I think it's the toxins in them, that do something weird to my brain. Animal foods are clean. 

Went out to a BBQ place Saturday afternoon with some friends I haven't seen in a while.
It was UNBELIEVEABLE!!

Ribs, wings, pulled pork, burnt ends... yummy!

I gave the fries and bread to my friends and I just ate the meat, but I suspect the rub on some of the meat had sugar in it but not sure how much.  It wasn't coated in sauce at all... just the rub/seasoning!

Super expensive but it was totally worth it!
I forgot to take a picture

Edited by Nowler

3 hours ago, Luv2bhlthy said:

Hi newbie here. I just started 6 days ago. I fasted today and broke it with 3 large ribs and 15 shrimp with butter. Comfortably stuffed!!😋

Welcome Linda!

I can't think of a better way to break a fast! 😁

16 hours ago, Luv2bhlthy said:

Hi newbie here. I just started 6 days ago. I fasted today and broke it with 3 large ribs and 15 shrimp with butter. Comfortably stuffed!!😋

I like your taste in food, lol 😄

Welcome aboard!

Yesterday was my typical staples, except for dinner. There's a place around the corner that sells pulled pork. So we got some of that without any sauce to take home and enjoy.

Hi newbie here. I just started 6 days ago. I fasted today and broke it with 3 large ribs and 15 shrimp with butter. Comfortably stuffed!!

Excellent choice.
Welcome to the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk