• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

So my wife is on the keto/animal-based train almost full time now and is losing weight. She's basically no grains, a Keto Chow shake for breakfast, meat, cheese, and some fruit for lunch, and then whatever carnivore dinner I prepare in the evening. She's in that phase where experimenting with various keto recipes is fun for her. We've all been there.

Anyway, tonight she attempted to make a "potato chip" substitute. Our friend Jan who we met that lives down the street gave us a couple packets of potato flavored keto chow with the mission to try and create either a "potato chip" or "french fry". We mixed the Keto Chow with 16oz of cottage cheese, spread it real thin, and baked it. 

It was good. It had more of a cracker like feel to it, but you could taste the potato. And it was about 99% or more carnivore friendly.

This morning's 4 egg omelet had pepper jack cheese, pepperoni, salami, and some banana peppers for a little zing zing, lol.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow. When I return it's going to be BBBE for September.

Went to a Turkish place yesterday with friends after the football.
Got the mixed grill and MAN was it good!
Various lamb cuts/cooks and some juicy chicken.

I did eat the salad that came with it in part because it was expensive and I wanted my money's worth 🤣 but also for the fibre as the meat wasnt very fatty.

Currently I have a whole chicken in the oven seasoned with peri peri salt.
My mouth is watering at the thoughts of peeling off that crispy skin!

So yesterday was spent flying. At the airport, there was a Dunkin' Donuts. I ordered egg bites, and they were willing to ring up a side of sausage for $1.10. For some reason, when I opened the container it had 3 sausage patties in it. I was very happy, lol.

Then by the time we settled into our room and went for supplies it was late, so I had a meat snack and some pork rinds with a little salsa for dipping.

Yesterday I had a ribeye at my sister in law’s restaurant and my wife gave me a rib from her meal but that wasn’t enough so when I got home I had a smoked leg of lamb chafflewich.
60359985aabd7934ddd4a58d2185ff31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk