• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 8/28/2024 at 11:19 PM, Geezy said:

It was a smoky day today. Smoked a mess of boneless beef ribs and a couple of NY strip steaks. Then I flame grill and butter basted some shrimp to go with it all.
It was a feast.
592efc7d4789c3e33fe7bf239e8ffb67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If heaven exists, it exists in that dish!!

15 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Sorry you had such a hassle. 

I'm having outpatient hernia op in 2 weeks. 

I'm bringing my own food just in case. 

Definitely do!

Even something like a packet of salami style fatty meat (or whatever you are into).

You'll be the best fed person in there! Haha

Good luck with your op buddy! I hope it and your recovery go smooth.

I was told I could go home but then today they realised I live alone so understandably want me to stay a night. I'm going to keep an emergency cure dried meat in my bag at all times in future 😅 

Edited by Nowler

2 hours ago, Meathead said:

Sorry you had such a hassle. 

I'm having outpatient hernia op in 2 weeks. 

I'm bringing my own food just in case. 

I had one in may. Wasn't there long enough to eat. 

2 hours ago, Nowler said:

I was told I could go home but then today they realized I live alone so understandably want me to stay a night.

I had a driver so I guess they assumed I lived with someone. I didn't, and went home. 

Round 2... FIGHT!

Still in hospital this morning and was asked what I'd like for breakfast (keep in mind, this is from the private insurance patients menu).

I asked for a simple egg, bacon and sausage. What arrived was egg, beans and a vegetable sausage...

Madness! What is going on in the world!? They even write in the menu to encourage you to reduce your carbon footprint by eating vegan/veggie!

I sent the food back as I lack patience in general, and even moreso considering I haven't had any nutrition since the night before last.

Long story short, I got eggs and bacon 🤣 I even ate some butter with it. Delicious.

Breakfast of champions!

13 hours ago, Nowler said:

Currently in hospital for a day surgery Hernia Op, and to say I had hassle trying to get food is an understatement.

Keep in mind this is private health insurance too!

Told em no carbs, to which she replied "how about a sandwich"! I shit you not!!! Haha

In an attempt to meet them more than half way I asked if I could have a few boiled eggs. They said there was none in stock...

Then I asked for some cheese or just meat slices... none in stock! 🤣

Only for one of the nurses knew I was about to bounce - freshly rearranged insides or not - she was able to sort something for me.

They called this (picture) an omelette, but it tasted like microwaved and powdery.

It still filled a hole and I appreciate the nurse having to step in to sort it since the questionable cook couldn't.

Looking forward to getting home to my ribeye and eggs tomorrow

Ps: I love nursing staff. They are awesome!

IMG-20240901-WA0025.jpeg

"Eggs" from a carton, no doubt. Did they have hamburgers on menu? There aren't any cooks in these places anymore apparently. I doubt they have fresh eggs on the premise. Will they let you bring a cooler?

1 minute ago, Miranda said:

"Eggs" from a carton, no doubt. Did they have hamburgers on menu? There aren't any cooks in these places anymore apparently. I doubt they have fresh eggs on the premise. Will they let you bring a cooler?

Worse! It's dehydrated egg 😅

I just had a nice chat with the kitchen lady. She's not impressed either. Told me all meals are "meal for 1"... basically a TV dinner.

Rehydrating the eggs isn't what's bothering me about the eggs though. I bet they are the cheapest caged hens with dramatically less nutrition. Which blows my mind that in all places to serve nutritionally lacking and outright harmful food, its a hospital doing it.

I'm not in long enough for a cooler to be useful. Maybe if I knew they would keep me, but I was under the impression that I arrived at 10am yesterday and then left later that day.

9 minutes ago, Nowler said:

Worse! It's dehydrated egg 😅

I just had a nice chat with the kitchen lady. She's not impressed either. Told me all meals are "meal for 1"... basically a TV dinner.

Rehydrating the eggs isn't what's bothering me about the eggs though. I bet they are the cheapest caged hens with dramatically less nutrition. Which blows my mind that in all places to serve nutritionally lacking and outright harmful food, its a hospital doing it.

I'm not in long enough for a cooler to be useful. Maybe if I knew they would keep me, but I was under the impression that I arrived at 10am yesterday and then left later that day.

I am not surprised, the people working there think it's healthcare, so I don't blame them, but the medical industrial complex has other interests. I wonder if they would let you fast, or if you don't get released until you eat. I don't mean you personally, just do they have a rule patient has to eat, type of thing 

2 hours ago, Meathead said:

Don't you have someone to sneak in something for you?

Where is this (country) facility so I know to avoid being hospitalized there?

Haha, it's a place in the UK.
And with all the things going on here lately you'd be best to avoid the country, not just the facility 🤣

I'm home now anyway, so all's well that ends well!
I've had a nice feed of Cebo de Campo Iberico ham 😎

Bringing this back to food, and for the record, I don't think the Cebo de Campo ham is worth the increased price compared to the de Cebo.
It's nice, but not noticeably more than de Cebo which is $30 cheaper.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b04018411bc14e473d7cdfbe0acea7e.jpeg

Last night I had both a ribeye and a strip steak at the local butcher's house, after he twisted my arm and made me stay for supper. 

Tonight is bout a pound and a half or so, of 27/73 burger. This week, Aldi's has 5 pounds for $11.95. Fair price I thought. Nice to have burger with some fat content.