• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I have not tried grass fed beef

Yes there is a difference. Grain finished is going to have more marbling and as such will have a better taste. But to get down to the nutrients the grass finished is healthier.
The difference in nutrition is not so much as to put yourself in a financial strain to buy the grass finished unless you have specific issues eating grain finished.
The cattle and sheep that I raise for food is all grass finished but that’s my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be too stuck on grass fed or not. Supposedly, grass fed is higher in vitamin A and E, Omega 3, etc. I'd say you get enough of that now anyways on a carnivore diet. I'd still use fish oil supplements, cook in coconut/avocado oil, etc. I do an occasional bison or venison but mostly grain fed beef. It's like with the salt, so long as it is iodized, I don't care where it comes from. If money is not an issue, then yeah, eat all the fancy stuff, but otherwise I would not give it another thought. We're already eating healthier, much healthier than the SAD

I was just watching an interview with Dr. Shawn Baker yesterday and he was asked the question about grass finished vs grain finished and he said that yes, in analyzing the meats there is a nutritional difference but it is slight but when analyzing the people side by side who ate the different beef they could find no nutritional difference in the health of the subjects.

Something I’d like to emphasize is that too many people say “grain fed” and that’s not an accurate term to use. All cattle are raised on pasture or silage. It is only the last three months or so that they may be put on a grain diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

I was just watching an interview with Dr. Shawn Baker yesterday

Yup saw the same thing but different strokes for different folks. 

I prefer bison > beef tastes so much better.