• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 3/25/2024 at 9:32 PM, Erik said:

Went to McD's and got a bacon cheeseburger, sans bun, with water to drink.

Beautiful! :thumbsup:

I cheated and got small fries too.

Uh-oh! 😲

For supper, two lamb loin chops and some sauerkraut.

Awesome!

My goals are to get my A1C under pre-diabetes, and to help my diverticulitis problems.

You can do it. Try to minimize or completely eliminate that french fry intake for faster results 😉

13 hours ago, louis said:

I will and am keeping strong. I am determined to succeed. 

You can do it! @Geezy has good advice about constantly watching and listening to carnivore content, whether on YouTube or on podcasts. It keeps you in the mindset of sticking to it. 

For me, I am a religious person who takes my vows seriously. So I vowed never to eat grains or sugar ever again, save for a special occasion like a wedding anniversary. Now I have to keep that promise to myself 🙂

2 hours ago, Bob said:

You can do it! @Geezy has good advice about constantly watching and listening to carnivore content, whether on YouTube or on podcasts. It keeps you in the mindset of sticking to it. 

For me, I am a religious person who takes my vows seriously. So I vowed never to eat grains or sugar ever again, save for a special occasion like a wedding anniversary. Now I have to keep that promise to myself 🙂

Thank you for your support Bob. 

I have been watching Dr Berry and steak and butter gal today! Going to watch some more right now. 

Day 2

Today I have eaten some bacon and I am about to eat some fish. All cooked in butter. 

I am not hungry and again it is addiction, habit and everything else. I realise that ego is telling me that it is ok to eat when I am not hungry. I just have to get into this so if I eat meat and butter at any time today, i am telling myself that it is ok. 

Namaste 

IMG_20240327_105952.jpg

4 hours ago, louis said:

Day 2

Today I have eaten some bacon and I am about to eat some fish. All cooked in butter. 

I am not hungry and again it is addiction, habit and everything else. I realise that ego is telling me that it is ok to eat when I am not hungry. I just have to get into this so if I eat meat and butter at any time today, i am telling myself that it is ok. 

Namaste 

IMG_20240327_105952.jpg

I have also eaten some mutton kebabs and liver today. About ten kebabs and four livers. I ate some ghee too. 

4 hours ago, louis said:

I have also eaten some mutton kebabs and liver today. About ten kebabs and four livers. I ate some ghee too. 

I ate some broth which I was told was bone broth later today. 

I think it might have had some spices in and/or been cooked with vegetables. It was pretty clear. 

I have to tell you all and say my truth. I want to be strong and only eat eggs and meat. I did not have to eat it. I was with people. I could have said no. I can sit in uncomfortable feelings. My ego again. 

I ate some more livers afterwards. 

My tongue has not been as red as it is this evening for a long time. I am not even sure if I have seen it this red before. 

You are doing great Louis. Do not worry about the broth. That little bit of seasoning and or vegetables that it was made with shouldn’t hurt you when you’ve been so good everywhere else. Just don’t make a habit of it.
I believe the more you become fat adapted the less you desire to eat for pleasure and the more you just want pure nutrition in your body.
Keep up the good work buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

You are doing great Louis. Do not worry about the broth. That little bit of seasoning and or vegetables that it was made with shouldn’t hurt you when you’ve been so good everywhere else. Just don’t make a habit of it.
I believe the more you become fat adapted the less you desire to eat for pleasure and the more you just want pure nutrition in your body.
Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks so much Geezy. I am grateful for your support, knowledge and advice. truly.

IMG_20240328_121725.jpg

IMG_20240328_121738.jpg

IMG_20240328_121729.jpg

IMG_20240328_141137.jpg

I have posted in this section twice today. I think that neither of the messages sent owing to battery, connection and finger thumbling. 

I was feeling a lot more positive when I messaged earlier today. 

I wrote that I was calmer and clearer. day 3.

I have definitely meat binged today. 

I have eaten a lot of fatty livers and many, many burgers. 

I took the ghee with me to the takeaway where I buy the burgers and the cook gladly cooked them in it.

i have had a headache today, my gums hurt and my body is aching. 

I am going to watch some videos now and try to learn about this inflammation. 

from what I am finding out, my body and brain are inflamed. Poor things. 

my stomach is bloated. My body is tired.

I am doing this and am sending so much love to my beautiful brain.

to be honest, I feel quite sad. 

argh. my ego again. i will not let it rule me. 

Edited by louis

Just eaten three more eggs cooked in ghee. They were yummy. I love how tasty my fried eggs are since learning how to cook them properly. 

I am wondering if it would be best to eat egg yolks only. 

I would prefer to eat egg whites over drinking fresh ginger in warm water. 

23 minutes ago, louis said:

I am wondering if it would be best to eat egg yolks only. 

There's no reason not to eat the whole egg, including the whites, unless you thought you were having some sensitivity to the eggs.

Some people that have issues with eggs find that the problem is with gain fed caged chickens. If they choose pasture rasied (chickens that roam free and can eat bugs) or just eat the yolks, they do just fine.

34 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's no reason not to eat the whole egg, including the whites, unless you thought you were having some sensitivity to the eggs.

Some people that have issues with eggs find that the problem is with gain fed caged chickens. If they choose pasture rasied (chickens that roam free and can eat bugs) or just eat the yolks, they do just fine.

Great. Thank you so much Bob. I have to stop the ginger now! 

I am doing this!!!!!!!!

Day 5 today. Woo hoo!!!!!

I have eaten six fried eggs cooked in ghee and am currently cooking three more. 

My tongues is white again today. 

I had eggs and ginger in warm water yesterday. I am going to stop having ginger and keep monitoring my tongue. I will finish the eggs. 

So I said that I was not going to drink any more ginger and water hence forth. 

I have also said that I am going to be accountable. 

So I read an article about ginger which I thought was written by Dr Berry. After reading it I decided that it was ok to drink one hot water and ginger today. My ego again. So I ordered one, looked at the article again and saw that it is written by Dr Berg. 

Today is my last ginger water. 

Argh to the addict. 

So Louis, it sounds like you are doing great and getting this figured out. How are you feeling? Have you been seeing any improvements in your health?

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

So Louis, it sounds like you are doing great and getting this figured out. How are you feeling? Have you been seeing any improvements in your health?

Awww. Thank you Geezy. 

I have had less energy over the past few days, been a little down, crying quite a bit. I now realise that my hormones and I are changing which I am really pleased about. 

Right now I am feeling some joy. 

My mind/ego is definitely racing and telling me a lot of nonsense which I have to stop believing. The speed is definitely slower than it was this morning. 

I am witnessing my habits more than I have ever done so before. To be honest, I have never been aware that I had habits. I just thought it was me. 

I have been watching a lot of the carnivore community online like you suggested and they have been inspiring. Dr Berry, my zero carb life and Dave Mac. HomeSteadHow has really inspired me. I watched a little of Bill Nott too yesterday. 

Earlier today I realised that it is  about trust. 

I am really looking forward to reaching ketosis whenever it happens. 

I know it is baby steps. One minute at a time. 

Thank you for hearing me and my long reply. 

Namaste