• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

1 hour ago, louis said:

I ate fish cooked in butter plus some eggs today. 

No more fish for me. 

I buy it from a restaurant. They cook it in butter. I am unsure about what's in the butter or how it is produced. My aching and sensitivity particularly to noise has increased since eating the fish today. It may or may not be owing to the fish. I want to be sure that I am clean eating. 

I am able to buy fresh eggs, livers and ghee so that will be my diet for the time being. I want to get into ketosis, start living and have energy to do stuff other than surviving. 

I will also eat the fatty liver kebabs like the ones I have just eaten shown in the photo. I buy these from a restaurant. I can see them being cooked and know that nothing is being added to them. Their fat is delicious! 

I am unsure about what to do about my eating habits as I am eating a lot yet am not hungry. I remember saying in a previous post that I will continue doing that to stop me from going off track. 

IMG_20240331_141714.jpg

I bought some lamb chops and cooked them up this evening for the first time. They were pretty tasty. I will be getting these again. I took a before pic but forgot to take an after pic. I was a wee bit hungry, lol.

20240401_190327.jpg

I bought some lamb chops and cooked them up this evening for the first time. They were pretty tasty. I will be getting these again. I took a before pic but forgot to take an after pic. I was a wee bit hungry, lol.
20240401_190327.thumb.jpg.8b0b16d0b99b8696187e7b84cea13149.jpg

Welcome to my world Bob. Love some good lamb.

Just a smoked ham and sharp cheddar omelette.
86e783128155471eb4b434a52d162311.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 8 for me today. Wahey! I am still here and still talking!!

Today I have eaten 8 egg yolks and chicken livers. All cooked in ghee. 

I ate some chicken livers when I woke up in the middle of last night too.

I have decided that I am going to buy some buffalo meat when I have finished these livers. I saw a place that sold it a while ago and I am going to go back there and purchase some. 

Namaste 

Edited by louis

This evening was the first Tuesday of the month, so I was down at my cousins Open Mic Night. This place is kind enough to serve me 2 beef patties with bacon and pepper jack cheese. 

I did also have some Angels & Envy Kentucky Bourbon and a Rum & Diet Coke. This is generally the only day of the month I have a tasty adult beverage or two. 

Day 9 for me today. 

I am still here and still doing it. Wahey.

I have upped the amount of ghee that I am eating.

I am finding it a little challenging to understand how much fat to eat. 1) I have no scales and 2) I cannot comprehend eating double the weight in fat as the amount of meat that I am eating. If anyone has any insight, I would be very grateful to hear it. 

I have eaten chicken livers and ghee today. 

6 hours ago, louis said:

I am finding it a little challenging to understand how much fat to eat. 1) I have no scales

Generally, just eat until you are comfortably stuffed, i.e. full, but not stuffed to the point of agony. And then only eat when you are hungry. Different people prefer to do it in different ways, such as 3 modest sized meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), or 2 larger meals a day (brunch and dinner), or just one giant meal per day. 

6 hours ago, louis said:

2) I cannot comprehend eating double the weight in fat as the amount of meat that I am eating.

I've never heard of this before. And I am not sure exactly what you mean. When I read this, it implies that if I eat 1 pound of chicken, then I should also eat 2 pounds of butter. There is NO WAY I am going to do that, lol. 

Day 9 for me today. 
I am still here and still doing it. Wahey.
I have upped the amount of ghee that I am eating.
I am finding it a little challenging to understand how much fat to eat. 1) I have no scales and 2) I cannot comprehend eating double the weight in fat as the amount of meat that I am eating. If anyone has any insight, I would be very grateful to hear it. 
I have eaten chicken livers and ghee today. 

You are thinking of this in the wrong ratios I believe.
The idea is to get 75 percent of our calories from fat and the rest from protein. So it’s about percentage not volume or mass. Fat is higher in calories than protein so it’s not a balancing act of the meat vs fat but of the calories consumed. Generally if you are eating a fatty meat and cooking it in fat you will get the proper ratios. If the meat is lean then you may need to add fat to what you’re eating. When I eat something like chicken which is too lean I’ll add a lot of butter to it. Hamburger, even high fat hamburger I’ll add butter to it because most of the fat cooks out of it. Lean cuts of beef will also get plenty of butter or I’ll make my carnivorous steak sauce.
If you want to be able to get a better idea of the fat to protein macros you could download and app such as Carb Manager and it will give you an good scale by which to measure what you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Mattyaff said:

I had eggs, bacon, and an english muffin. Today's snack though, is homemade beef jerky from a bottom roast I picked up at Costco and dried in my toaster oven. Such a great snack!

Welcome aboard Matt. 

I want to make homemade beef jerky myself. I've heard you can use a regular range oven, but I am wondering if it would be better or easier to use a countertop unit myself. 

Give me your opinion and we will let the English muffin slide :lol1: