• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

A good dark roasted coffee, smoked paprika, ground oregano and a good helping of garlic rub is good for pork butt. 

Danos rubs are spicy but clean. 

Yesterday was my staples. Eggs and sausage in the morning. NY Strips at dinner time. I did snack on some pork rinds after work while waiting for the wife to get home.

I’ve been I Louisiana for a couple of days visiting family. I got home last night. In those two days I just never found the time to eat much. I just had a ribeye each day. When I weighed this morning I had lost 3 pounds.
Dang!!! I was already at the minimum weight for my height and age. I don’t need to go any lower than that so I ate two meals today.
Chorizo and egg tacos for brunch,
15ceab914d06dd4e7fcba4752b19e874.jpg
and this evening a pound of Diezmillo steak. Sorry no pic of the steaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight is going to be a couple of chuck steaks. 

I was asked about carnivore from the folks from the butcher shop this evening.  We've talked some about it. I think they're getting more interested. Told em, your in a perfect place to start, with all this meat around. 

I had a couple small sirloins last night, about 20oz worth. I've been making them solely on the stovetop in my new cast-iron pan, cooked medium (typical for me). I recently bought some Maldon's salt flakes, the kind Dr. Baker uses, and have been using pretty much just that instead of my usual seasonings and I must say, I am a fan.

We downgraded to top sirloin this week because the wife is tired of cutting around the fat on the NY Strips, lol.

Love me some Maldon’s. I use both the flakes and the smoked. 

Finished off the lamb I smoked the other day while making four pounds of liverwurst. 
IMG_0744.thumb.jpeg.db1df4124e86b18b903c7ef93bd7ef9e.jpeg
the liver came from a steer that my daughter just had processed the other day. Her and her family don’t eat organs so I always get the liver, heart and kidneys.