• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

16 hours ago, Bob said:

In what way? To make it more carnivore you would replace the almond flour with probably a meat flour of some kind. There are carnivore "bread" recipes out there that I have never made myself yet, but would use that as a starting point.

To keep it keto but make it more sweet (i.e. "dirty keto") then try the erythritol suggestion. But since erythritol can have consequences, maybe another sweetener like allulose instead. But I wouldn't treat myself to this often. True keto is clean eating, and supposed to teach you to live without sweets and bakery type goods.

Yes, to make it carnivore.  I have some carnivore recipes but whipping the yokes makes me nauseated.

18 hours ago, SuperCow said:

Yes, but i want to eat pork, chicken and fish aswell, but i am on a tight budget, so "steaks" are crazy expensive here in the Netherlands, i can get ground beef 1 pound for about €5-6 ($5.5 to $6.6 dollar) from a local butcher, for comparison ribeye 1 pound costs about 15-20 ($16.5-$22)

That sounds about right for around here as well. Ground beef is 1/2 the cost of a NY Strip, and 1/3 the cost of a ribeye. As tasty as ribeye and striploins are, the ground beef is just as nutritious. So outside of the "experience" one isn't better for you than the other. 

Chicken and pork come in closer to the ground beef price range around here though. In fact, I can get chicken cheaper. You can get chicken breast for $5-6 per pound at the grocery store, or as low as $2.49 per pound at a warehouse club. 

Chicken is nutritious too, but since there is very little fat it's not as satiating as beef. I can woof down some chicken, and get hungry again in a few hours. I usually smother it in butter, cheese, and/or bacon 🙂

I had to get up and have my son at the dentist office by 7am - ugh! So I ate breakfast around 9am. 4 eggs and 4 sausage patties, cooked in generous amounts of butter. For lunch I am having some pork rinds to hold me over to dinner. I had my daugher pick up a bunch of different flavors. I'm trying "Red Hot" (probably based on Franks Hot Sauce) and "Queso".

The weather finally cut us some slack so I was finally able to smoke my bacon yesterday after a ten day cure.
8619cc9fc26b0be605b29de1a7c432cf.jpg
Two hours later it’s ready to pull off the pit.
3cb434b6459dccbd8f040519f38601fb.jpg
After being refrigerated over night it was time to slice it.
f3dec8f4b5121dd6b5121ea9bf071ed6.jpg
About ten pounds.
The best part is cooking up the end pieces and scraps. I could eat on that all day.
Then for dessert a small bowl of homemade yogurt.
6e1742055db0b34ad2be2169b1bdbbb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight I had steak and eggs. I fried the steak in butter and for some strange reason the butter looked very very burnt today. I usually pour it out and use it for dipping sauce. So instead I placed a big wad of coconut oil on the steak and let it melt. My wife recently got coconut oil and I know this is one of the good oils. This made for a unique taste that I actually liked very much.

10 hours ago, Bob said:

butter looked very very burnt

This made me think of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4CYJzrH9gk

There are a lot of other videos on the same subject. But it does sound intriguing and delicious. I have yet to try them.

Also, you won't get burnt butter if you use clarified butter or ghee when frying foods. The milk solids have been removed and that is what actually burns when butter gets too hot.

Y’all want a recipe for the best steak sauce ever? It works good on any meat and is even a great dip for pork rinds.

Recipe

The BEST Steak Sauce
INGREDIENTS

• ▢ 

1 cup unsalted butter
• ▢ 

8 ounces cream cheese
• ▢ 

3/4 cup beef broth I used Kettle & Fire brand
• ▢ 

1 tablespoon black truffles
• ▢ 

1 teaspoon Redmond Real salt use code Maria15 for 15% off

INSTRUCTIONS

• Heat the butter in a large sauce pot over high heat. Whisk often so the butter doesn't burn on the outside of the pan. The butter will start to bubble and froth up. Whisk often at this point. The butter will start to darken and turn brown. Remove from heat and keep whisking.

• Add the cream cheese.

• After a minute, slowly add the broth, truffles and salt.

• Use a stick blender to puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning and truffle taste to your liking.

• Pour into a mason jar. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 7 days. This sauce will thicken a lot overnight.
• Serve with your favorite steak!

I added more truffles than what the recipe called for and it was even richer.

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

Y’all want a recipe for the best steak sauce ever? It works good on any meat and is even a great dip for pork rinds.

Recipe

The BEST Steak Sauce
INGREDIENTS

• ▢ 

1 cup unsalted butter
• ▢ 

8 ounces cream cheese
• ▢ 

3/4 cup beef broth I used Kettle & Fire brand
• ▢ 

1 tablespoon black truffles
• ▢ 

1 teaspoon Redmond Real salt use code Maria15 for 15% off

INSTRUCTIONS

• Heat the butter in a large sauce pot over high heat. Whisk often so the butter doesn't burn on the outside of the pan. The butter will start to bubble and froth up. Whisk often at this point. The butter will start to darken and turn brown. Remove from heat and keep whisking.

• Add the cream cheese.

• After a minute, slowly add the broth, truffles and salt.

• Use a stick blender to puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning and truffle taste to your liking.

• Pour into a mason jar. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 7 days. This sauce will thicken a lot overnight.
• Serve with your favorite steak!

I added more truffles than what the recipe called for and it was even richer.

Now this looks good! I will have to try this. I'm not quite sure where to get the truffles though.

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

Well Steven you tweaked my appetite for chorizo so I made some venison chorizo breakfast tacos.
9255faa125aa9e2bf4b0b762099f3225.jpg
Southwestern Egglife Wraps
Three eggs
Cheddar cheese
Onions
Garlic
Jalapeño

Wow! Those look good, too! Do you think adding the steak sauce you made would go good inside these wraps?

Wow! Those look good, too! Do you think adding the steak sauce you made would go good inside these wraps?

Oh man that sauce is good on everything.

I found my truffles at Central Market. I don’t know if you have those where you live.

Oh baby oh baby OH BABY!
Smoked lamb ribs. Fatty and fall off the bone tender.
6ed1f5e6ea34e23a6cc8edbaa21ccad5.jpg

Since I had the pit rolling smoke I thought I’d try something a little different and toss a couple of hamburger patties on as well as some venison breakfast sausage patties. That should take a hamburger or sausage chafflewich to a whole new level.
ef898d6ef97e97931d9f49e539389685.jpg