• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Very detailed tracking, Miranda! You are able to eat way more than I am, for sure.  I have to keep it around 1200-1400 calories, or I will gain.  And I work out about an hour a day, too. You must be young! 😊

On 7/18/2024 at 6:01 AM, Miranda said:

dos equis

I remember those. Quite tasty, lol. While I avoid beer 99.9% of the time now (I've had maybe 3 in the last 12 months). I still have some bourbon once a month at Open Mic night, or perhaps some hard liquor with no carbs added to a Diet Sprite or Diet Coke. I've got a lot of bottles of this or that here and home collecting dust, and I even think some of it is going bad.

11 hours ago, Laura said:

Very detailed tracking, Miranda! You are able to eat way more than I am, for sure.  I have to keep it around 1200-1400 calories, or I will gain.  And I work out about an hour a day, too. You must be young! 😊

Ben Affleck Snl GIF by Saturday Night LiveCurrently I have been maintaining. I really struggle in the summer with the lackadaisical schedule, ice cream and beers. If I want to start loosing I will have to cut out the dairy. 

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

We have had a lot of family coming into town to visit so I’ve been swamped and yesterday I smoked 8 ribeyes, 1 huge sirloin and seven New York strips. Everyone loved them or maybe they were just being nice but everyone went back for seconds.
Sorry but I forgot to take pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds so good, Geezy!

I'm taking a beef break for a while.  I'm getting too overheated from the beef and fat, and it's disturbing my sleep. So will have boiled chicken for a while.  I need to lean out. Had a bit of avocado today, which was so refreshing, plus I needed the potassium. 

17 hours ago, Geezy said:

We have had a lot of family coming into town to visit so I’ve been swamped and yesterday I smoked 8 ribeyes, 1 huge sirloin and seven New York strips. Everyone loved them or maybe they were just being nice but everyone went back for seconds.
Sorry but I forgot to take pics.

This is me. I do this, then that, on the grill and afterwards remember I was going to take pics to post. 

Most of what I cook on the grill is with wood and on occasion charcoal. Every so often I use my son's Traegar pellet type smoker. Super nice grill. 

I put a rack full of wings on Friday night. They were coming along great and with maybe 20 minutes to go I seen a boat load of smoke. It had a grease fire in the bottom. I didn't check it prior to starting and my son had not cleaned it in quite some time. When I tried to open the lid the flames rolled out. I had to wait for it to die out. The tips of the wings went way passed done on to the land of the charred. 

Sort of glad I didn't take a picture of that hot mess (no pun intended).

S

Didn't track yesterday as I'm not sure how to enter eating the face off of pizza. I went to visit relatives and brought cold bison burgers with me.  no one noticed that I was eating them on the sly. Saturday was a sugar picnic and I woke up yesterday and today with a terrible headache.

Yesterday I was with my family and some of my wife's extended family and ended up having to eat at a Mexican restaurant that I hadn't been to before. I was able to make things work (ketovore) with a dish that was ribeye, chicken, shrimp, scallops, and chorizo on a sizzling skillet with some peppers and onions. I had that and passed the rice and beans off to another relative.

This was at like 3 in the afternoon, and I ended up not being hungry the rest of the day.  

8 hours ago, Bob said:

Yesterday I was with my family and some of my wife's extended family and ended up having to eat at a Mexican restaurant that I hadn't been to before. I was able to make things work (ketovore) with a dish that was ribeye, chicken, shrimp, scallops, and chorizo on a sizzling skillet with some peppers and onions. I had that and passed the rice and beans off to another relative.

This was at like 3 in the afternoon, and I ended up not being hungry the rest of the day.  

I did the same a few weeks ago. The onions and peppers were buried under the meats. It took me a few bites to figure it out. I scraped it off and passed my sides off to another. 

I thought it would be a bit tougher to eat out, but it worked out like a charm. Maybe the only issue is that I am sure they used some sort of vegetable oil on the grill, but I don't think that gets me kicked out of the club. Not yet anyway.

Scott

My chicken experiment failed. Back to beef.  Even organic chicken is fed soy and corn, and since chickens (and other birds, and pork), are mono gastric animals, they don't detoxify like ruminants do. I am super sensitive, and experienced lots of inflammation from just eating 2 drumsticks, and 4 wings.  Bad arthritis, and gut issues. Beef is much cleaner. Many in this community seem to be able to eat so much more than I can.  Maybe I will someday, but I have my doubts.  Have been working on this for so long, and food intolerances have definitely increased. God gives me the strength to keep fighting!! 

My chicken experiment failed. Back to beef.  Even organic chicken is fed soy and corn, and since chickens (and other birds, and pork), are mono gastric animals, they don't detoxify like ruminants do. I am super sensitive, and experienced lots of inflammation from just eating 2 drumsticks, and 4 wings.  Bad arthritis, and gut issues. Beef is much cleaner. Many in this community seem to be able to eat so much more than I can.  Maybe I will someday, but I have my doubts.  Have been working on this for so long, and food intolerances have definitely increased. God gives me the strength to keep fighting!! 

Hang in there Laura. It must be rough to not be able to add some variety once in awhile. Is beef the only thing you can tolerate or are there other ruminants you can eat? If you can eat others that may help with some variety.

Thank you, Geezy.  Yes, beef is really the only thing I have available that I can tolerate.  Lamb is good, but way too heating for me.  Not sure about wild ruminants, as I don't have them available. I grew up in Alaska, where we always had moose and caribou.  They are lean, but so good!! I have tried store bought bison, and didn't do much for me. I do eat a bit of plain whole milk Greek yogurt, some avocado, and a few cashews. Not all carnivore, but something to eat that I don't react to. Autoimmune issues, for sure.It is interesting to see what everyone eats, though. 😊

I

15 hours ago, Scott F. said:

Maybe the only issue is that I am sure they used some sort of vegetable oil on the grill

Oh for certain, especially at the Mexican restaurant. Or even the Hibachi ones where they grill it in front of you, you can literally watch them squirt the oil on it. 

I eat out so very little that I don't even ask if they cook in seed oils or butter. I'm personally not that sensitive at the current time, and it's the chronic consumption of these that lead to improper Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratios.

but I don't think that gets me kicked out of the club.

Well I hope not, because I did eat the green peppers and onions, lol. 

But I'm usually strict carnivore. The next potential dates for having to compromise is potentially eating out after an even August 2-4, and then again on my Florida vacation at the end of August.

--

Last night was hamburgers. And, my wife is slowly coming around. She has been trying hard to do mostly keto the last few days. 

It's that time again!
Buttery Prawn Day!

Today I decided to cook these on a lower temp in a lidded saucepan with the same total amount of butter added in the beginning. This kept the water in resulted in a more diluted butter liquid/sauce - which was still delicious and made it more of a butter prawn soup.

Will definitely do this again!

Usually I would pan fry which loses - what has become apparent - a lot of the water.
I will still cook the old way also because at the end being able to drink the mouthful of pure garlic butter is amazing. But this is great too as more of a soup

image.png.a49775966a644231c1c1da3b1348b6ba.png

Edited by Nowler

I grew up in Alaska, where we always had moose and caribou.  They are lean, but so good!!

That’s cool. (No pun intended) I lived in Alaska for three years when I was a kid and then went back on a cruise for our 30th anniversary and then again for a caribou bow hunt up on the North Slope. I love Alaska.

Today it was smoked rump roast and smoked ribeye.
5901ea05e70301011b6fd2433a44e2c5.jpg