• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Went to my local butcher for the first time (it's a small shop where you have to talk to the owner and ask for what you want... scary!) and got some sirloin steaks, very nice. And now I've broken that barrier I'll be going to the butchers again, for sure! 

B- 3 yolks, 1 egg, 1 cup kefir 

L- some deli beef & butter

D- 2 sirloin steaks, piece of cheese

I have to say, this evening I truly ate to satiety. I thought I'd have to eat masses of food to achieve that, so I've never really tried - I'd always just eat what I thought was reasonable as an amount. But today, what I thought was reasonable filled me up so much... it feels AMAZING to feel truly satisfied.

On 5/8/2024 at 3:14 PM, SusanneUK said:

I'm staying away from diet sodas, I know you guys are right about that...

This is a vice that I still haven't been able to shake yet. I even bought a DrinkMate so I could carbonate my own water. But I just buy the diet soda syrup and make my own pop at home now, lol. I've always been a sucker for soda.

17 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

Tomorrow I plan on taking my lunch by going to the second hand store and shopping for some 36 inch waist pants. I think I'm about ready to downsize again.  And maybe find a long lost chaffle maker... 

Downsizing is awesome. Good stuff. And you'll enjoy the chaffle maker too 🙂

I took a leftover NY Strip to work today and warmed it up in my microwave. The other construction guys were eating their sandwiches and chips and I'm having myself a 16oz steak. The hardwood flooring guy was like "Man, you're livin' it up!"

Yes, yes I am, lol :lol1:

you doing better now? or did you fall of the wagon?

I’m doing great. As of today I’ve been carnivore for one year and have never cheated or fell off the wagon. I’ve even dropped all dairy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six soft boiled eggs from my hens. Six slices of my homemade bacon. Two tablespoons of butter and a healthy dash of Redmond’s.
All chopped together.
Very simple, very tasty and rich.
4a7138d15a8d845790cf29bdda7439a3.jpg

It's Friday again, and I've gone meatless. 

Yesterday I input my food onto a tracker for the first time and I was shocked / surprised to find that my protein was at 40% - I'm aiming for high fat carnivore, and this wasn't it! So I put in my plan for today, and that's come out at 80% fat / 20% protein; that's what I'm aiming for, and it's the end of the day now and I find myself slightly nauseous from all the fat. So that's what that is supposed to feel like!

B- 4 yolks, 1 whole egg, butter, 1 cup kefir

L/D- 3 yolks, 1 whole egg, butter

Also had a bit of browned butter as a treat, and a piece of cheese.

I am struggling to find a way to get comfortable - I'm so used to eating three times a day, it provides structure for my day, but I also want to eat substantial meals. So I think I might go to 2 meals a day.

it's the end of the day now and I find myself slightly nauseous from all the fat. So that's what that is supposed to feel like!

No, that’s not what it’s supposed to feel like.
It should feel like you are full and satisfied. It’s a nice feeling.
You may be trying too much too soon.
Maybe cut it back to a 79/30 ratio and see if that helps.

Today I have eaten some cooked fatty lamb and some uncooked buffalo meat dipped in ghee together with a very small amount of uncooked heart and kidney. 

I am doing everything I can to change mind right now. I went away for five days. The meat I ate was cooked a lot more than I usually eat. That was the only difference in my eating. I am witnessing feelings of sadness. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on ghee if lactose intolerant? Even using it as moisturiser?

Can internal brain chemicals take one out of ketosis?

Namaste 

This morning was 1/2 lb of Wagyu beef inside a 4 egg omelet. I cooked the meat first and then cooked the egg in the Wagyu grease. It was mighty delicious.  

Steak and 2 over easy eggs with 3 slices of bacon at a greasy spoon for lunch

Steak tips, a grilled hotdog and 3 hard boiled eggs for dinner. 

Jello for desert. I will forego my usual hot beverage for plain water this evening as my tummy has not returned to normal and is still pretty bubbly lingering from last weekend.

My second meal was about 18-20oz of New York Strip. 

My daughter is starting to get a taste for steak. She has asked me to make her one a few times now. 😄

1 hour ago, Bob said:

My second meal was about 18-20oz of New York Strip. 

My daughter is starting to get a taste for steak. She has asked me to make her one a few times now. 😄

That's great Bob re your daughter. Love it.