• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Speaking of burgers. I made 3 patties out of a pound of Wagyu beef that I picked up from Sam's. Wagyu is a breed of cattle, and it's known for being very marbled and therefore super tender. These burgers were extremely high in fat content. I would guess they were 70/30.
Anyway, I pattied them up and fried them in a pan, searing both sides and then melted some American cheese over top. And I swear to you these were the most juicy, best tasting burgers I have ever had.
Usually I buy the 85/15 grass fed beef (for tacos and other stuff). But I will be making all my burgers moving forward with these Wyagu packs as for as long as Sam's keeps selling them.

I have several ranches in my area that raise Wagyu cattle and we can get it from some of our stores locally. That’s one hamburger meat that doesn’t need added fat.
I’ve seen some steaks that are so marbled that they look like there’s hundreds of grains of rice imbedded in the meat. My dream would be to smoke a Wagyu brisket but I’d have to take out a second mortgage on the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Bob said:

But I will be making all my burgers moving forward with these Wyagu packs as for as long as Sam's keeps selling them.

Aren't they on the pricy side? I'd love to try some myself.

Oh yeah, it ain’t cheap. Like I said, I’d love to get a Wagyu brisket but I’d have to take out a second mortgage.

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Oh yeah, it ain’t cheap. Like I said, I’d love to get a Wagyu brisket but I’d have to take out a second mortgage.

This is all the closer I can get to Wagyu...

image.thumb.png.0ed897741e97f4df1b0f6454c68dcc2c.png

6 hours ago, Steven2023 said:

They cost me $5.88/lb, which is still probably better than normal ground beef at the local grocery store...

https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-ground-wagyu-beef-3-lbs/P03018638?xid=plp_product_1

11 hours ago, Bob said:

They cost me $5.88/lb, which is still probably better than normal ground beef at the local grocery store...

https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-ground-wagyu-beef-3-lbs/P03018638?xid=plp_product_1

Hmmmm.... That doesn't seem that bad. I think I'll visit Sam's.

It's been a busy week, so I'm catching up on a few photos I took....

New York Strip and lightly seared Beef Liver...

20240106_194003.jpg

Leftover taco seasoned ground beef with scrambled eggs and pork sausage links...

20240106_123550.jpg

Keto soft taco and quesadilla with salsa and jalapenos in an Egg Life wrap...

20240110_190207.jpg

Here's a pic of the quesadilla before I put the top on. I have an occasional "mostly carnivore but not quite" meal every once in a while.

20240110_185731.jpg

On 1/8/2024 at 9:16 PM, Geezy said:

How about some carnivore nachos.
8081b6a6608256e4ed7df54242c8224c.jpg
Pork rinds, chorizo and cheese.

I tried that, too. I found a recipe for the queso sauce. Added my homemade chorizo and topped my pork rinds.

image.thumb.png.745e91994f7e18f2eba5113033d1f2b0.png

I tried that, too. I found a recipe for the queso sauce. Added my homemade chorizo and topped my pork rinds.
image.thumb.png.745e91994f7e18f2eba5113033d1f2b0.png

Awesome! Now you’ve got to post that queso recipe. I make queso but it’s not carnivore.
If want a new experience to that your queso over the top, smoke it. Good stuff.

I was going to smoke some bacon today but it’s 11° out there so I figured it would be too difficult to maintain temperature on my smoker so instead I made a couple of pounds of liverwurst using beef liver from our own cattle.
0046f0604528ff27776ae2c548dcdc26.jpg

And then I seared a couple of lamb chops (also from my own lambs) and a couple of venison roasts then put them in the crockpot with some bone broth.
ea29f7ceb387a69d467a5c8b3aa7abbb.jpg

14 hours ago, Geezy said:

it’s 11° out there

In Texas? Wow. It was 11 yesterday in Ohio also.

We picked up a box of these frozen raw sausage links, the type you would grill or get at a fair. I fried up 2 of those and had them in an omelette with cheese around noon. Then I made fried bologna sandwiches again with the egg life wraps around 9pm when I finally did get hungry. I was gonna try and fast the rest of the day but I can't go to sleep with my belly gurgling, lol.

In Texas? Wow. It was 11 yesterday in Ohio also.
We picked up a box of these frozen raw sausage links, the type you would grill or get at a fair. I fried up 2 of those and had them in an omelette with cheese around noon. Then I made fried bologna sandwiches again with the egg life wraps around 9pm when I finally did get hungry. I was gonna try and fast the rest of the day but I can't go to sleep with my belly gurgling, lol.

Yes sir and this morning it was 8°F. Not my cup of tea.
Fried baloney, I love me some fried baloney. It’s really good smoked too.

On 1/12/2024 at 9:45 AM, Geezy said:

Now you’ve got to post that queso recipe.

Hmmm.  What I did was a hybrid concoction. When I was looking for a good recipe, most of them swore by making sure you use white American cheese. I don't use that cheese because there are too many devils in it for me. But if you don't have a problem with the white American cheese, go for it.

What I did was in one recipe (carnivore) they said to use 2c of heavy cream for the base. I used:

.5 cups heavy cream
1 block Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 pound Chorizo (or whatever meat you decide to use)
3 Tbs Chives
1/8 tsp Celery seed
1/4 tsp Cayenne
2 Tbs Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 tsp Onion powder
1/2 cup Chicken broth (or bone broth)

I am trying to remember how I did this as I did it on the fly since I was combining recipes. I know I heated the heavy cream up pretty good and added the block of cream cheese to it. Once it was melted, I added all the dry ingredients. After combining all of those, I added the chicken broth. Mix and serve at room temperature.

I tried to find the original videos without success. However, I did find this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enS8WEUlhgQ

This looks like the ticket as it is just a base. But it appears to have the correct texture of the cheese as a goal. What I would do here is either make the liquid heavy cream or bone broth. Then I would add the appropriate amount of sodium citrate followed by the dry ingredients above. 

My cheese sauce didn't turn out very spicy at all. So I think I would add either some chili flakes or some siracha sauce to the mix.

2 hours ago, Orweller said:

I am eating too basic to post it among these incredible creations lol. Meat salt and pepper, egg salt and pepper, done. 

Well, that's one way of doing it. If you have to stick to those kinds of ingredients because of your diet goals/constraints, there's nothing wrong in that.

I like to have a variety of flavors and sometimes try to replicate the flavors produced by the food industry, only without all the devils they put in foods. 🙂 

Hmmm.  What I did was a hybrid concoction. When I was looking for a good recipe, most of them swore by making sure you use white American cheese. I don't use that cheese because there are too many devils in it for me. But if you don't have a problem with the white American cheese, go for it.
What I did was in one recipe (carnivore) they said to use 2c of heavy cream for the base. I used:
.5 cups heavy cream
1 block Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 pound Chorizo (or whatever meat you decide to use)
3 Tbs Chives
1/8 tsp Celery seed
1/4 tsp Cayenne
2 Tbs Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 tsp Onion powder
1/2 cup Chicken broth (or bone broth)
I am trying to remember how I did this as I did it on the fly since I was combining recipes. I know I heated the heavy cream up pretty good and added the block of cream cheese to it. Once it was melted, I added all the dry ingredients. After combining all of those, I added the chicken broth. Mix and serve at room temperature.
I tried to find the original videos without success. However, I did find this one:

This looks like the ticket as it is just a base. But it appears to have the correct texture of the cheese as a goal. What I would do here is either make the liquid heavy cream or bone broth. Then I would add the appropriate amount of sodium citrate followed by the dry ingredients above. 
My cheese sauce didn't turn out very spicy at all. So I think I would add either some chili flakes or some siracha sauce to the mix.

Great!
I’m with you on the devils in the cheese. I read labels almost religiously trying to keep my foods as clean as I can. After getting the idea of queso in my head I was at the grocery store and decided to look at the old standard for making queso, velveta. Wow! There is so much crap in that stuff that it shouldn’t be labeled food.
Thanks for the recipe. I may try it with Oaxaca or Queso fresco.