• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Been outa pocket lately between hunting and traveling.
I was going to smoke some ribs today along with some steak and some bacon wrapped dove breast’s but it’s been raining all day so maybe tomorrow.
So today I just had hamburger patties made with 2 pounds of venison burger, 1 pound of venison breakfast sausage and one pound of chopped up bacon.
23b638a304c368540817395ccbd4621d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/3/2024 at 5:57 PM, Angela Little said:

My question is what the difference between Magnesium glycinate and malate, and what should the mg be?

Not much....

https://nutritionaholic.com/magnesium-malate-vs-glycinate/

LMNT used Magnesium Malate. SALTT used Magnesium Chloride. I personally take a magnesium complex supplement that is 4-n-1....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BC84FL5C?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder_k1_1_7&amp=&crid=U3IRCV9O2FLL&amp=&sprefix=zentast

I believe for women you could take UP TO 320mg a day as a supplement, if you even need that much.

5 minutes ago, Miranda said:

L: One leftover pork ribs. 2 slices bacon. Ground beef crumbles 

😧 2 slices of bacon, cold ground beef crumbles with sour cream and Louisiana hot sauce. 3 egg scramble. Slices of American cheese. I tend to nosh as I am cooking dinner.

Why am I sensing negative vibes from this post? 🙃

Cheese, pork ribs, eggs, hot sauce, beef, bacon... sounds like a win to me! 🤩

19 minutes ago, Nowler said:

Why am I sensing negative vibes from this post? 🙃

Cheese, pork ribs, eggs, hot sauce, beef, bacon... sounds like a win to me! 🤩

I am not proud of eating so many slices of cheese. Its impulsive behavior. But hey I did decline the beer this evening. I am thinking I am going to dogde that beer in the fridge for at least a couple weeks. I managed to regain some weight this summer from being impulsive around food. 

9 hours ago, Bob said:

Not much....

https://nutritionaholic.com/magnesium-malate-vs-glycinate/

LMNT used Magnesium Malate. SALTT used Magnesium Chloride. I personally take a magnesium complex supplement that is 4-n-1....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BC84FL5C?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder_k1_1_7&amp=&crid=U3IRCV9O2FLL&amp=&sprefix=zentast

I believe for women you could take UP TO 320mg a day as a supplement, if you even need that much.

Thanks Bob, next question is, is there a magnesium for constipation?

13 hours ago, Miranda said:

I am not proud of eating so many slices of cheese. Its impulsive behavior. But hey I did decline the beer this evening. I am thinking I am going to dogde that beer in the fridge for at least a couple weeks. I managed to regain some weight this summer from being impulsive around food. 

At least it was carnivore/keto food.
So as far as slip ups go, it could have been far worse.

You got this! 😎

3 hours ago, Nowler said:

At least it was carnivore/keto food.
So as far as slip ups go, it could have been far worse.

You got this! 😎

Earlier this spring I was trying to focus on sober behavior around food and had a short list of foods I wanted to try eliminating. I mentioned in August that I'd like to try a BBBE in Sept, but I crashed and burned on labor day. So posting my food is a bit of accountability. If I'm not posting it's more than likely because I don't want to share, not out of shame for eating but because I don't want to cause a stumbling block for others by displaying non carnivore foods. I feel like that would be like bringing pictures of booze to an AA meeting.

I realized today that I don't have sober behavior with paper towels either. 😂 

7 hours ago, Miranda said:

So far today two hotdogs. Ground beef crumbles heated in butter. 1 hard boiled egg. I cup of weak black decaffeinated tea. I will I'll take some more weak tea to go to work and dinner will be a blade steak 

I finished the day with blade steak, full fat yogurt with blue berries, and decaf