• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

5 hours ago, Bob said:

My second meal was about 18-20oz of New York Strip. 

My daughter is starting to get a taste for steak. She has asked me to make her one a few times now. 😄

That's brilliant, my kids find it really hard still - keeping in mind that up to 2021 they were vegan their entire life, it's still tough. Steak is an absolute no go still. But, I keep trying...

Venison chicken fried steak.
0805ffd0af1bbaf8f1d79b36f3ab23e8.jpg
Venison steaks tenderized. Egg wash, pork rind panko, fried in tallow and covered in my carnivore steak sauce.
Those were only the first ones out of the skillet. I ate a bunch more after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/7/2024 at 8:21 AM, louis said:

My itching stopped a while ago too and it is back again after eating dairy today. No more dairy for me. Learning is wonderful! 

So dairy will cause you to itch? I have had an itch problem for years now and my doctors don’t know why. I itch so bad that I just dig my skin really bad.

had a pound of ground and four eggs. And since I was thinking about paffles, I just happened to have some smushed pork rinds from another project some time ago. So I added some to the eggs and beat it. Then added some more as it was cooking to soak up the grease. Not bad... 

I may havta try a paffle pancake one of these days. Gotta try this Pork Panco sometime. 

23 hours ago, Miranda said:

I'm so jealous everyone here is tired of steak and they complain alot.

That would be my wife, lol. She get's tired of beef, beef, and more beef, lol.

10 hours ago, Angela Little said:

So dairy will cause you to itch? I have had an itch problem for years now and my doctors don’t know why. I itch so bad that I just dig my skin really bad.

You could try eliminating the dairy to see if it improves. The point of a strict carnivore, whether that's Lion Diet or something like beef, butter, bacon, and eggs, is eliminating every possible thing that could be bothersome to you. Then, after 30, 60, or 90 days, you slowly and gradually add back one food at a time - like one new food every 2 week, to test how your body will react to it. Many start with dairy because it's still an animal product.

The itch could be poor diet, a particular plant or class of plants, dairy, etc. You just have to play this game of trying to figure it out. If you go complete Lion Diet and still itch, then it could be environmental or the detergent you use, etc.

10 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Today I had some oven baked beef ribs and sautéed bok choy. I stay clogged up so I have to get some greens in at times, not everyday but I do have to have some. I sautéed my bok choy in bacon grease

We're cool with those who still want to eat some keto friendly vegetables (keto/ketovore) or even some fruit & honey (animal-based) as part of your carnivore/carnivore-centric diet. 

We'll only shame you if you eat a Twinkie, lol :laugh: 

So at Cedar Point yesterday I went to a place called Famous Daves outside the park, at the Marina, overlooking the lake, and they worked with me to stay on plan. 

I order a burger with pepper jack cheese + bacon + chopped pork + beef brisket and it they even fenagled the price so it didn't break the bank. It did have a squirt of BBQ sauce on top, which I didn't ask for but I am assuming it was in conjunction with the chopped pork, and it was so small it wasn't worth scraping off so I ate it. 

Earlier that day I had eggs, sausage, and bacon.

Gotta try this Pork Panco sometime. 

I make my own by just running my pork rinds through a food processor. Chops them up real good.
Cautionary note though. Check the labels on your pork rinds an make sure they are clean. No sugar or spices and make sure they are not fried in seed oils. They should be fried in their own lard.
This will not always be in the labeling. You may need to do an online search or even contact the company to find out.
I use Macs plain pork rinds. They are clean and fried in lard.

I guess I'm a Ketovore today. Cousin went with me to the doctor's office and on our way back he decided he would fix hamburger. So we stopped by the butcher shop a got a couple pounds. His wife knows (sorta) that I've on some sorta diet. Fixed a salad. So I had some lettuce and bouta half dozen green olives. Told her I hadn't had a salad this year and I couldn't remember when the last time was. So I had 3 burgers with some blue cheese. I don't feel like I did too bad. Had an egg with butter when I got home to up my fat intake. Tomorrow, I'l be back to being a carnivore. 

I guess I'm a Ketovore today. Cousin went with me to the doctor's office and on our way back he decided he would fix hamburger. So we stopped by the butcher shop a got a couple pounds. His wife knows (sorta) that I've on some sorta diet. Fixed a salad. So I had some lettuce and bouta half dozen green olives. Told her I hadn't had a salad this year and I couldn't remember when the last time was. So I had 3 burgers with some blue cheese. I don't feel like I did too bad. Had an egg with butter when I got home to up my fat intake. Tomorrow, I'l be back to being a carnivore. 

Well the salad whole kill you and we won’t judge you for it.
In reality, as long as you didn’t have a bunch of seed oil dressings all over it then I wouldn’t consider it a big deal. It won’t digest and there was no nutrition in it so all it’s really going to affect is your next movement.

What I ate today; 2 eggs, chorizo and an egg life wrap, snacked on a leftover beef rib, plenty of water.

Geezy, can you please share with me how to season and cook pork belly? I went to pinterest and you tube, I got tired of all the ads.

TIA 

Are you wanting to just cook some plain pork belly or are you wanting to make bacon?
For just cooking pork belly I don’t season it prior to cooking. I just slice it and fry it.
But bacon is a process that requires a week to brine and has to be smoked.